Bought a Boss LS - Road Trip!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
So Monday my Girlfriend and I are flying to San Diego to pick up a lightly used 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca (black and red) I purchased this week. This is the actual first Boss I ever saw in person back in June 2012. It was owned by a co-worker of mine. Before that I'd only read about them and seen them online. That day I decided I would own a Boss. Fast forward to February of 2013 and I bought a 2013 Boss in Race Red. I really wanted a Laguna Seca but there were not many left by that time within a reasonable distance of me and the dealers were still asking over sticker for them. I bought my regular Boss for 1k under sticker. After 18 months I sold it for a 2012 GT500 which I sold last fall and bought my 71 Mach 1 429 SCJ 4 speed. I've regretted letting the Boss go since then. My first thought was to buy a new GT350 but I refuse to pay more than sticker for a new car. Every dealer I talked to either already had their allocation spoken for or wanted 5k to 15k OVER sticker price. So instead I decided to go ahead and find a Laguna. I mentioned this to my co-worker who still owned his Boss and he "jokingly" asked if I might be interested in his. Well I was very interested and we seen reached an agreement and now I'm the Proud owner of Boss LS #472. It has a Tiger Racing Fiberglass vented hood and a Ford Racing rear wing along with a nice stereo upgrade. Other than that it is bone stock with only 5,000 miles on it.

So next Tuesday morning we are waking up and starting our drive home to the Dallas area in Texas. I'm leaning towards the southerly route, I-8 to I-10. If anyone has any other suggestions or recommendations of where we should stop/stay/visit etc, I'd appreciate it. We plan on taking 4 days, getting home on Friday.

487142_499342276753786_90051041_n.jpg

Congrats on getting what you want! I wish I had suggestions for the drive back. Unless you make some significant detours, it is a long, desolate drive. But, you'll be in a Boss 302. Enjoy. Chuck

Don't forget to stop and see "The Thing!" in west TX.

Very nice! That will be a fun drive home. Are you going to get any sleep leaving that car in a hotel parking lot overnight? I remember driving my '69 Mach 1 from Anaheim, CA back to Columbus, OH and I was so nervous about leaving the car in the hotel parking lot unprotected. As a result, I only stopped for one night in 2500 miles. I found a hotel where you could pull right up to the door and peered out at it every hour.

Back