Bounty Killer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike Morelli

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 ram air 351c H-code, fmx, ps,pb, medium yellow-gold, hubcaps and beauty rings.
I had to add this movie......basically because my car was in it! The lead actor, "Mary Death", drives it for the first 3/4 of the movie, then, with the help of CGI, the Mach gets blown up. The production company had already shot most of the scenes with the car before anyone noticed the licence plates. i had to sign a release then, to allow them to use my real plates in the movie, ....I didn't care.  Note the car in a slide sideways in photo 2, the stunt driver was erased with a computer in the movie to give the effect that Mary Death was shooting from a seated position hanging out of the window, while steering at the same time. Car was spun out many times to get the shot. The last photo is of myself and Mary Death , actress Christian Pitre.

th0RZ6B3CA.jpg

mary death 5.png

Bounty Killer Mustang 2.png

Bounty killer Mustang 8.jpg

Mary Death.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's pretty cool having your car in a movie.  I'll definitely have to check this one out.

Oh yeah, In the movie, there was an applique' on the car's roof, which was Mary death's logo. After the studios used the car, I removed the applique' and placed it on waxed paper, rolled it up, and it is in storage for posterity. The side stripes and the wing were requested to be added for the movie as well, I left those on. Here's what the roof art looks like, as well as the "Mach 1" to "Mary 1" logo change on the car's flanks.

206215e4ffc50b802ed4848d7d796f10_400x400.jpg

Mary 1.jpg

So did you get anything for the use of your car? (Besides the Levi zipper stress test)

Spike........you always have one more surprise up your sleeve. Way to go DUDE. Hero status has just been obtained!!!  Way cool. 

Are there two antennas on your car? Chuck
No, just the stock one. Of note about this film, all of the vehicles, trailers, bikes, were (are) privately owned. We all leased each vehicle for a small fee, but none were from Moviecar Rentals, which made the use of the vehicles more believeable. There are a few quick shots of underhood engine stuff, which is not my mach, but a friend's black '69 mach 1, which is seen briefly later in the movie. Even crazier,...some guy on Google ( Spencer 1984 ) built a scale model of the Mary Death movie car, complete with my 445 YYT plates and trailer hitch!

Bounty Killer model car.jpg

Just realized I posted the whole movie, thought it was just a link. Mods should delete.

That is pretty neat. I got contacted once about using my black 73 vert for a TV series. They wanted something different and I had it for sale on Craigslist in Atlanta is where they saw it. 
They have shot quite a few movies here, Dirty Dancing needed lots of cars from the local car club. I was out of cars then. 
So now you can sell yours for $3,000,000 like the Bullitt.

Spike-  Us bored long-time married guys want to know- did you?  heh heh

I watched this movie a couple of years ago.  I just watched it again.  Certainly cool to see one of our cars featured so prominently (and a very nice car at that).  I enjoyed it for sure (cool cars and lotsa guns). 

Spike-  Us bored long-time married guys want to know- did you?  heh heh
Don, you madcap! No. I myself, am a long time married guy, but I did marry a very pretty brunette. However.....for those of you who prefer blondes, this is the actress who was considered as the Mary Death character in early pre-production, with my car. 

Bounty Killer.jpg

Bounty Killer 2.jpg

That is pretty neat.  
So now you can sell yours for $3,000,000 like the Bullitt.
. Throughout the years, ever since my first car, I have had really cool cars. I had a '30 Model A Coupe, a '34 Ford coupe chopped , with an early Hemi for power, a '39 Ford coupe, a '69 GTO Judge, a '66 GT-350, a '70 442 W-30, a '65 Hi-Po GT Coupe, a ram-air Toronado, and a '32 Ford hot rod. All of these cars, I finished and they were beautiful. But as time passed, I sold each as another cool car came along. All that I have to show for all of my nice cars is this sad story, and some photos. No longer. I bought this Mach 1 in 1990 complete, used,  running, and presentable, for $1000.  Thirty years later, I still have it, my only car, you might say my buddy in a way, and I'm tired of telling people stories of what I used to have. I think I'll keep it. I may get another car eventually, but I'd like to keep this. This, and my old Model A, have been the best cars I've ever owned.

Back