Brake lights and horn don't work, help!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update! Simple cleaning of the copper ring with a scotchbrite pad was all it needed. Horn works!

Bad news: now the door ajar buzzer is on even with the key out lol. I tried loosening the steering wheel a bit but no luck. Also the aftermarket horn button won't stay on lol. I'm probably going to have to buy a new wheel. The horn button is some cheap Chinese chrome piece that fits too loosely.

I sure don't like what I see on the third picture: the insulation should cover the entire wire.
If power on the outside post, that's incoming power. Horn out should then be inner post/ring. Power is transferred by pressing the horn button.

Each wire coming from the hub has been cut and soldered twice. Looks like someone added a few small sections as needed. Maybe they needed more length for the aftermarket wheel? I'm not sure. I did wrap everything before reinstalling. But at this point I'm likely going to order a new wheel because the horn button fits so loosely it will just fall off.

Back