brake rattle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here is the part number of my caliper? what is it from?
I believe that is a casting date, 3/16/75. See if you can find pictures of middle to late 70s Lincoln Versailles, Mercury Monarch, Ford Granada calipers. It is just a shot in the dark.

Chuck

ok here is the part number of my caliper? what is it from?
I believe that is a casting date, 3/16/75. See if you can find pictures of middle to late 70s Lincoln Versailles, Mercury Monarch, Ford Granada calipers. It is just a shot in the dark.

Chuck
I think you are onto something but the first digit looks like a 5
Roy, I may be wrong I believe the 516C date code is correct. It expands out to 5 = 1975, 16 = 16th day, and C = 3rd month or March.

Combining ideas from a couple of the posts above, maybe the calipers are from a 75 Lincoln. Just a thought.

Chuck
I think you are onto something but the first digit looks like a 5
Roy, I may be wrong I believe the 516C date code is correct. It expands out to 5 = 1975, 16 = 16th day, and C = 3rd month or March.

Combining ideas from a couple of the posts above, maybe the calipers are from a 75 Lincoln. Just a thought.
Sounds logical to me

This is what a set of EBC pads look like for my 73 -- should be the same for 71.

2rwul50.jpg

Back