Brakes go to the floor...but still catch on??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size master cylinder? Does it displace enough volume/pressure to properly activate the brakes?
Hmm im not sure.

When i did the drums to disc conversion last year, i used the same master cylinder (manual drum/drum) and it worked perfectly normal. The only thing different was front lines changed, the actual disc assembly, and a retro fitted hydroboost. Now the master cylinder went out ( i think) so i replaced it with one from a 68 camaro. This master is wayyyyy better than the previous. So im pretty sure it can handle it. and i just tested the master cylinder and its good. So either my brake lines went bad or the proportioning valve, or still have air trapped in the lines. No lines are kinked nor there is no leaks.

And i started having problems after one of my reservoirs(for the front brakes) went out and i put in the valvoline brake fluid. And thats when all hell started happening.

i am going to change the proportioning valve since its the cheapest. can someone tell me which one to go with?

http://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinderValves.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back