Brighter headlights. Cheap mod.

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I posted this on another thread but it was burried down in it and could easily be missed so I'm posting it here.

This simple mod puts full voltage to the headlights instead of routing the headlight power through the main wiring harness which may drain off 25% plus it doesn't tax the old harness so much. Now that's a really bright idea. Arrharhar.

http://www.midnightdsigns.com/james/headlights.htm

luxstang

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi Don,

Yeah that's a good one. Plus it gets rid of the problem that the headlights might start to go on and off because of an old headlight switch ( especially when using the high beams). Even my new aftermarket switch did this.

Sucks when that happens at 90 mph on a dark country road. "Now you see (me), now you don't!"

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Oh yeah, forgot about the old trip the breaker when on high beam trick my car used to perform to show me some excitement in return.

71fastback

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportsroof.
So, in a sense, you're shortening the path that the electricity has to flow through in order to reduce voltage drop. And uping the wire size to also lower voltage drop and to be able to handle higher amerage. Cool.

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
So, in a sense, you're shortening the path that the electricity has to flow through in order to reduce voltage drop. And uping the wire size to also lower voltage drop and to be able to handle higher amerage. Cool.
Yup. ;) Good summary.

droptop73

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
OK... THANKS ALOT... one more thing to add to the to do list! :D