Brighter headlights. Cheap mod.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I posted this on another thread but it was burried down in it and could easily be missed so I'm posting it here.

This simple mod puts full voltage to the headlights instead of routing the headlight power through the main wiring harness which may drain off 25% plus it doesn't tax the old harness so much. Now that's a really bright idea. Arrharhar.

http://www.midnightdsigns.com/james/headlights.htm

Hi Don,

Yeah that's a good one. Plus it gets rid of the problem that the headlights might start to go on and off because of an old headlight switch ( especially when using the high beams). Even my new aftermarket switch did this.

Sucks when that happens at 90 mph on a dark country road. "Now you see (me), now you don't!"

Oh yeah, forgot about the old trip the breaker when on high beam trick my car used to perform to show me some excitement in return.

So, in a sense, you're shortening the path that the electricity has to flow through in order to reduce voltage drop. And uping the wire size to also lower voltage drop and to be able to handle higher amerage. Cool.

So, in a sense, you're shortening the path that the electricity has to flow through in order to reduce voltage drop. And uping the wire size to also lower voltage drop and to be able to handle higher amerage. Cool.
Yup. ;) Good summary.

Back