Bucket seat removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG41

Reaction score
My Car
351c 2v, FMX Transmission. Ordered from Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, 99k original miles.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but the PO switched the driver and passenger seats. Apparently to make the wear even, makes no sense to me. However while I’m waiting for engine rebuild money, I’m doing other small stuff. This is next today. Is it as simple as unbolting them from the frame and just switching them back? I know my old truck had studs coming through the floor

I had no problems, the bolt holes under the car stayed in place, so it was easy.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but the PO switched the driver and passenger seats. Apparently to make the wear even, makes no sense to me. However while I’m waiting for engine rebuild money, I’m doing other small stuff. This is next today. Is it as simple as unbolting them from the frame and just switching them back? I know my old truck had studs coming through the floor
Yes, 4 points of contact per seat. (2 floor studs-remove nuts/2 bolts into floor and done)
IME, the drivers seat was “worn” on the left side and leaning towards “Loganville” (WI saying)
Everything is OEM and I wanted to keep it that way so after the seats were out I unbolted all the hinge hardware and “shimed” up that side to square it up to being comfortably and visually “like new”.

Yes, 4 points of contact per seat. (2 floor studs-remove nuts/2 bolts into floor and done)
IME, the drivers seat was “worn” on the left side and leaning towards “Loganville” (WI saying)
Everything is OEM and I wanted to keep it that way so after the seats were out I unbolted all the hinge hardware and “shimed” up that side to square it up to being comfortably and visually “like new”.
Yep it was pretty easy. The only minor pain was getting the spring loaded side bolted in first, but after that it was a breeze. Need to pick up a new buckle for the passenger seat though. Who spring/button release assembly is gone

Agreed, very easy and straight-forward.
Provided the PO didn't modify anything or drill new holes.

You may have a wiring harness to disconnect if the car has the convenience group.
Oddly enough it was clipped underneath the passenger seat, but there was a connection there. What would it go to? Didn't have one on the driver side, but the seat belt buzzer goes off if its not buckled in the driver seat.

Oddly enough it was clipped underneath the passenger seat, but there was a connection there. What would it go to? Didn't have one on the driver side, but the seat belt buzzer goes off if its not buckled in the driver seat.
It could be the auto unlatch for the seat-backs.

Back