Bucket seats in the rear.

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Have not seen it done in a 71-73 yet. Would not recommend using stock front buckets maybe an earlier model 67-68 bucket without headrests. Would require pretty extensive work to make it look right.

BeerDontCount

I like Mustangs!
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
There isn't much room under the rear seat to place a bucket. The floor comes up under the back seat. You would have to build it custom I would imagine. Sounds like lot of work for something that hardly ever would be used. Probably would look cool with a console in a custom build though.

Scott

Rockinrednek

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convertible
The previous owner removed the rear seat and had a box built and carpeted it so her dogs could ride with her. But you might be right about the bucket seats from an older mustang.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
It would be unconscionable to put buckets in the back seat; if you did, how are you ever going to make out with that gorgeous blonde? Good gracious...what ever are you thinking?

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
In a word...motels. I hear they can be even more comfortable than the stock fold down back seat.

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
When I was a little kid, about 4, my dad had a 66 Charger with the four bucket seats and the front to back center console. Even then I thought it was cool.

There may be some smaller fixed back seats that don't use a big base frame. Maybe some of the older speed boat seats or an aftermarket race type seat (Corbeau or Recarro, not sprint car!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts