Bug bite

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a low rust/lots of dents '71 sportsroof.
I hope buying a ferin' car doesn't hurt the pony parts budget but this was on eBAy and I could not help myself. We'll see if it can make the 11 hour drive home.

69bug.jpg

Wow there is a car just like this parked near my house for sale. Same color and everything. Is it in RI by chance? Ik there is probably a low possibility but you never know.
It's in central Wisconsin. Too bad because if it was the one by you we could add to our meet and greet score:D

looks almost like my brothers, its a Blue similar to yours.

iIts a 73' Super Beetle with a 1600 engine, he upgraded the front seats to seats from an early 90's Passat, its a fun little car.

he's is now thinking of selling it after owning it for 14 yrs.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

looks almost like my brothers, its a Blue similar to yours.

iIts a 73' Super Beetle with a 1600 engine, he upgraded the front seats to seats from an early 90's Passat, its a fun little car.

he's is now thinking of selling it after owning it for 14 yrs.
That looks very nice. When I had a '70 as my first car I could not wait to get something with some muscel. When the Bug was gone I missed it a lot. I would not want it as my only car but I will be glad to have it next to the other cars.

You really are sicndhed...LOL...just kidding...I always wanted a beetle vert myself!
You know I'm the sic one, you've seen it in person:s

If you like verts........

My Father-in -Law has a few VERY nice ones. About six years back he said that one day his spotless Beetle rag will be mine. My Brother-in Law will be getting a champinship winning '36 Buick rag from the herd.

IMGP5126.jpg

IMGP5131.jpg

My wife’s father has been doing high end restorations for many decades. When she met me she could tell that I had the “collector mentality” and told our mutual friends that she would never be interested in going out with me because after living with her dad she’d never hook up with a guy that was going to hand her brass cleaner and a bunch of Q tips for a fun weekend. Then she realized that I have a lot of cars because the way I treat many of them, they end up off the road quite often. She liked the idea of performance cars that exist to be driven (hard) not cars that exist to be stock and spotless and looked at. I told her that when I put a car on a trailer it’s because I either broke it or am going to do something that has a good chance of breaking it. My wife is an interesting woman, trailer queen = bad, broken car = good. She got into having her own cars in a big way too.

Back