C4 to long tail shaft BBF C6 swap.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will probably reconsider buying a JW Bellhousing then. The tailshaft swap ($200) + C6 Crossmember ($115 from Crites) + Shortening of the driveshaft ($100) is a little over $415.

If I go with the C4 and the bellhousing swap, would I also need to change the torque converter and flywheel? I believe I read somewhere else that people run into issues with the torque converter when using a C4 with a 460. Are all C4s the same total length? If I get a C4 from a 351/400 modified, would it require changes to the driveshaft? I have read somewhere that the pan fill version is a couple of inches shorter than the case fill (which is what I currently have).

I know I ask a lot of questions...haha...I am just trying to consider all possibilities before committing to one.
You may want to factor in the cost of a performance rebuild on the C4 because I don't think a stock C4 is going to hold up very long even behind a mild 460. Also, I may be wrong on this but I don't recall C4's being used behind 351M/400's.

There's been a major plot twist. I ended up selling my 73 Grande.

That same day I bought a 73 H code convertible. The 351C 2v seems to have the power I was looking for, even with the 2.75 gears it has (according to the axle code). I believe it has a 9 inch based on the differential housing, and an FMX based on the transmission code.

Here is a pic. The hood needs to be painted.

bcd7e1cc26ff11aa4946c5036b558505.jpg

Back