Cables

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
My Car
351 CJ 4V,Q-Code (1 of 330)
Hi,
can someone tell me what these cables are for?
20221218_133858.jpeg
Thanks

Looks to be for pressure switches for seatbelt warning circuit. The long strip switches should be in the seat bottom. Chuck

:sneaky:(y)
and i thought it might be heated seats..... :ROFLMAO:

Thank you

I think they are for the automatic seatback latch releases. Given the power window switches on your car, I think it is too early for the seatbelt warning system.
an automatic unlocking of the seat back latch ???

What Mike said - automatic seat back releases. The seat backs have a solenoid that pulls the latch up when a door is opened.

By your "1 of 330" that tells me you have a '72. and since it has the "BELTS" light in the lower driver's dash and the absence of the "fasten seat belts" in the passenger dash. your car was built previous to 12/71, when the active belt reminder system was introduced. The "BELTS" light was standard on 71 & 72 convertibles 'til the change to the active minder system with the light in the passenger dash.

The seat back releases were part of the Convenience Group option.

1671377601037.png

What Mike said - automatic seat back releases. The seat backs have a solenoid that pulls the latch up when a door is opened.

By your "1 of 330" that tells me you have a '72. and since it has the "BELTS" light in the lower driver's dash and the absence of the "fasten seat belts" in the passenger dash. your car was built previous to 12/71, when the active belt reminder system was introduced. The "BELTS" light was standard on 71 & 72 convertibles 'til the change to the active minder system with the light in the passenger dash.

The seat back releases were part of the Convenience Group option.

View attachment 70944
yes, my car was built in October 1971....

Is there a guide online on how to remove the door panel? Do you have to remove the automatic window handles first?
I have problems with the windows.

Is there a guide online on how to remove the door panel? Do you have to remove the automatic window handles first?
I have problems with the windows.

Best method is to use the factory shop manual. Forel has them for $17 as a PDF digital download.

https://fordmanuals.com/product/1972-ford-car-shop-manual-vol-i-v/
The power window bezels are held in with spring clips. You have to depress them from the side with a small flat blade screwdriver. Be very careful as the clips are somewhat difficult to locate and break easily.

What problems are you having with the windows?

Best method is to use the factory shop manual. Forel has them for $17 as a PDF digital download.

https://fordmanuals.com/product/1972-ford-car-shop-manual-vol-i-v/
The power window bezels are held in with spring clips. You have to depress them from the side with a small flat blade screwdriver. Be very careful as the clips are somewhat difficult to locate and break easily.

What problems are you having with the windows?
The driver's side window won't go down.
I'm wondering if I need to remove the power window cover first so I can remove the door cover.

The driver's side window won't go down.
I'm wondering if I need to remove the power window cover first so I can remove the door cover.

The bezel needs to be removed before you can remove the door panel.

Assuming the other three windows work fine, it could be the switch, the motor or something in the wiring/master control panel. Once you remove the bezel, you can test the switch by swapping the driver's window switch for another in the panel. The four window switches in the panel are all the same.

The motor operates by reversing the polarity on the wires, it is not grounded to the door or chassis. One direction will have (+) on Red, (-) on yellow, the other direction is the opposite.

Assuming the other three windows work fine, it could be the switch, the motor or something in the wiring/master control panel. Once you remove the bezel, you can test the switch by swapping the driver's window switch for another in the panel. The four window switches in the panel are all the same.

The motor operates by reversing the polarity on the wires, it is not grounded to the door or chassis. One direction will have (+) on Red, (-) on yellow, the other direction is the opposite.
I would like to say thank you very much for your help 🍻

Can someone tell me where I can get this part, it looks like I'm missing one.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20221226_164149.jpeg
    20221226_164149.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Thanks Hemikiller but unfortunately it does not ship to switzerland.

If you

need

if its the window motor gear, what I assume, I do have a repair kit.

Attachments

• 5800D117-F751-4FF5-BDBE-2811F70EDA2E.jpeg
    5800D117-F751-4FF5-BDBE-2811F70EDA2E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 199173F3-612E-439F-B3F2-9A6749B46015.jpeg
    199173F3-612E-439F-B3F2-9A6749B46015.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 06F9D077-9184-408E-B5A4-DAC21027B17F.jpeg
    06F9D077-9184-408E-B5A4-DAC21027B17F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
And a set of clips