Calling all military & vets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9 years Active Navy as a Firecontrolman (not a firefighter, the guy who blows stuff up). Spent 5 years on a USS Ford FFG 54. Then I went to recruiting for 3 years and now I am about the check into my next command the USS Ingraham. I deployed 4 times with the Ford for a total of 2 years. Twice to South America and twice to southeast Asia. Been to over 60 different countries, made E-6 in 6 years, and currently up for E-7. Waiting on results.

U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman, 6 years active, 4 active reserves. Mostly with the Marine Corps and SeaBees.

Naval Regional Medical Center San Diego, Naval Hospital Oakland, Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan, Camp Shields Okinawa, Naval Station Roosevelt Roads Puerto Rico, Naval Construction Battalion 5 Port Hueneme, California, etc.

I thank all of you for your service! :salute:

9 years Active Navy as a Firecontrolman (not a firefighter, the guy who blows stuff up). Spent 5 years on a USS Ford FFG 54. Then I went to recruiting for 3 years and now I am about the check into my next command the USS Ingraham. I deployed 4 times with the Ford for a total of 2 years. Twice to South America and twice to southeast Asia. Been to over 60 different countries, made E-6 in 6 years, and currently up for E-7. Waiting on results.
Good luck on picking up Chief. Is the USS Ingraham out of Mayport, FL? The name sounds really familiar.

Good luck on picking up Chief. Is the USS Ingraham out of Mayport, FL? The name sounds really familiar.
It is out of Everett, WA. I haven't even checked in yet. Just moved over here, and still on leave.

Hope recruiting was more enjoyable for you. By far the worst 3 years I have seen so far in the military. My deployments to Iraq were more enjoyable.

Just retired after 26 years in the Army, 22 as an officer. Even with multiple OEF and OIF deployments I'd join all over again. Truely a lifestyle and not just a job. Thanks to all the rest of you who chose to answer the calling!

Marty

USAF Jan 1981- Jan 2009

First four years as a Titan II Missile facilities technician at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ..(They used one of my silos on StarTrek First contact...and later became a Museum in Green Valley Arizona)

The next 10 years as a C-130 Loadmaster at McChord AFB Wa, Rhien Main AB Federal Republic of Germany,and Dyess AFB Tx...

Then the Last fourteen years in Special Operations as a MC-130H Loadmaster at RAF Alconbury, RAF Mildenhall, And ended my career at Hurlburt Field FL....So much fun, I would have stayed if I could!

Fly-Fight-Win

T2

Retired from the Canadian Navy in '09 with 26 years 286 days of service as a Hull Tech (Shipwright) attaining the rank of Petty Officer 1st Class (US equivalent of Sgt 1st Class/Master Sergeant). Served/sailed on 6 Destroyers/Frigates and 2 Tankers. Spent about 7 years total (multiple postings) at the Damage Control Division as a Nuclear Biological and Chemical Instructor, Damage Control Instructor and Fire Fighting Lighter/Instructor. I spent a further 4 years at the Canadian Forces Naval Engineering School (East) as the Hull Section Regulating PO/DC Console instructor as well as an instructor for miscellaneous trade related courses (woodworking, fibreglass repair etc...). Deployments of note include Gulf War '91 and again in '01, Adriatic (Bosnia and Herzegovina) '94.

Currrently employed as a civilian Environment and Safety Inspector in HMC Dockyard, Halifax.

PS. I dodged being posted as a recruiter by a hair. I would have been terrible at is as I'm not a very good liar (from my own experience when I joined). I also forgot to mention that my first military experience was the three years I spent in my hometown Highland Army Reserve Unit (called Militia in Canada). As an english speaking francophone it was strange wearing the dress uniform of a Scottish Regiment (kilt) I've got pictures to prove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retired from the Canadian Navy in '09 with 26 years 286 days of service as a Hull Tech (Shipwright) attaining the rank of Petty Officer 1st Class (US equivalent of Sgt 1st Class/Master Sergeant). Served/sailed on 6 Destroyers/Frigates and 2 Tankers. Spent about 7 years total (multiple postings) at the Damage Control Division as a Nuclear Biological and Chemical Instructor, Damage Control Instructor and Fire Fighting Lighter/Instructor. I spent a further 4 years at the Canadian Forces Naval Engineering School (East) as the Hull Section Regulating PO/DC Console instructor as well as an instructor for miscellaneous trade related courses (woodworking, fibreglass repair etc...). Deployments of note include Gulf War '91 and again in '01, Adriatic (Bosnia and Herzegovina) '94.

Currrently employed as a civilian Environment and Safety Inspector in HMC Dockyard, Halifax.

PS. I dodged being posted as a recruiter by a hair. I would have been terrible at is as I'm not a very good liar (from my own experience when I joined). I also forgot to mention that my first military experience was the three yeard I spent in my hometown Highland Army Reserve Unit (called Militia in Canada). As an english speaking francophone it was strange wearing the dress uniform of a Scottish Regiment (kilt) I've got pictures to prove it.
Ok, now you have to post the pics! :D

Actually, to tell you the truth wearing a "skirt" has it's advantages, particularly if you're going "Regimental". I beleive it's the American equivalent of going "Commando". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Don65Stang. Thanks for the award, it's much appreciated.

11 years US Navy, 1st Class Petty Officer, Cryptologist. Now a Service Connected Disabled Veteran and Civilian Contractor at the Navy's SERE School in San Diego, CA. Served onboard USS Blue Ridge in Yokosuka, Japan and onboard USS Antietam in San Diego. Last 3 years as an instructor at SERE West.

Back