CalTracs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have some on my maverick but not on mustang. i like them very much.

FastE runs them.

I am running them.I put them on last summer and I really like them ! The first time I took the car to the track I actually had to back them off a little,they were making the car bog off the line on street tires.

My reaction times are almost perfect know,cut about two tenths off my sixty foot time.

I bet they really would make a differance on a big motor / high HP car like yours.I am still running a mild motor / set up.

The only complaint / draw back as far as I have noticed is a little more noise around town (clunking with the pivot hitting the leaf spring) This would go away if You back the adjustment off,I am sure.

Beats the heck out of the old slapper bars I used to run! I always ran the old Lakewood style with the J bolts and all.

These are definatly worth every bit of the cost !

Hope that helps!

Mustang 2.jpg

Thanks E and everyone else who replied ordered mine today should be here next week. I ordered the single hole low prifile ones instead of the two hole racing ones though. Not sure I would agree with the high horsepower statement but thanks none the less:) Oh surely you did not run the blue lights on the traction bars as well

Nope ! No lights,but I did have a "red,white and blue" striped gas tank under my 67 Cougar in 1971 ! Looked like captain America on the blvd ! You just had to be there to understand the time! lol

Nope ! No lights,but I did have a "red,white and blue" striped gas tank under my 67 Cougar in 1971 ! Looked like captain America on the blvd ! You just had to be there to understand the time! lol
Any pics? :cool:
Nope. Wished I had some.I do have pictures of the Cougar (428 4spd) car.It was one that my dad and I built.

It is supposed to get really nasty here tommorrow.I will try to dig out the pictures and scan some.I am learning how to use the scanner and post."I'm not a very smart man,but....." Forest Gump.

Mustang 3.jpg

I love that car.

Thanks E and everyone else who replied ordered mine today should be here next week. I ordered the single hole low prifile ones instead of the two hole racing ones though. Not sure I would agree with the high horsepower statement but thanks none the less:) Oh surely you did not run the blue lights on the traction bars as well
Did you order the adjustable shocks as well? They used to sell Rancho RS9000 to go along with the Caltracs, now they sell their private label ones for about $99 each.

I found these Ranchos that I am pretty sure is what they used to sell before.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS999159/

I found them at Amazon for $47 each I ordered 2. I just cant confirm fitment untill I actually get them, cause there are no aplication sheets on them.

Did you order the adjustable shocks as well? They used to sell Rancho RS9000 to go along with the Caltracs, now they sell their private label ones for about $99 each.

I found these Ranchos that I am pretty sure is what they used to sell before.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS999159/

I found them at Amazon for $47 each I ordered 2. I just cant confirm fitment untill I actually get them, cause there are no aplication sheets on them.
Just in case any one reads this in the future the above rancho shocks do not fit the 71-73 mustangs, they are too long. Still researching the correct part number.

No I'm going with the KYB gas adjust.
I have these, I get lots of wheelhop. They are pretty stiff from what I hear. I dont have any other yet to compare it to.
Yeah did some more research earlier today and a lot of the reviews said that. But that they had switched to the GR 2's and liked them a little better ride and no noticeable drop off in performance. So as usual stuck again with decisions. I have two new Monroe sensatracs for the front may just buy two more for the rear and go with those for now.

Back