CalTracs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I'm going with the KYB gas adjust.
I have these, I get lots of wheelhop. They are pretty stiff from what I hear. I dont have any other yet to compare it to.
Yeah did some more research earlier today and a lot of the reviews said that. But that they had switched to the GR 2's and liked them a little better ride and no noticeable drop off in performance. So as usual stuck again with decisions. I have two new Monroe sensatracs for the front may just buy two more for the rear and go with those for now.
Beleive it or not,I am running "old" Gabrial Red Ryder gas shocks all the way around.I have never had any wheel hop problems even with out traction bars.They are ready to be replaced especialy the fronts.I just haven't done it yet as the car really works good on the track right now and that seems to be the only driving I am doing these days.

I run 15x7 Magnums with P245x15's on the street and track most of the time.I do run the Weld pro stars on the car some times at the track when I am not being lazy.

Mustang 2.jpg

I have the original type (non gas) Gabriel Shocks front and back... Car came with them and even it is a little fluffy, the car in normal driving feels ok...

I never went on a fast turn or something like that yet so i dont know if the car will handle ok if its on a limit situation, but i kinda feel this type of old ecnology shocks have the comfort type of feeling...

Thanks E and everyone else who replied ordered mine today should be here next week. I ordered the single hole low prifile ones instead of the two hole racing ones though. Not sure I would agree with the high horsepower statement but thanks none the less:) Oh surely you did not run the blue lights on the traction bars as well
Did you order the adjustable shocks as well? They used to sell Rancho RS9000 to go along with the Caltracs, now they sell their private label ones for about $99 each.

I found these Ranchos that I am pretty sure is what they used to sell before.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS999159/

I found them at Amazon for $47 each I ordered 2. I just cant confirm fitment untill I actually get them, cause there are no aplication sheets on them.
Just in case any one reads this in the future the above rancho shocks do not fit the 71-73 mustangs, they are too long. Still researching the correct part number.
Ok replying to my own post, If you want adjustable shocks, the correct part number is RS999204

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS999204/

I scored some at amazon for $46 each

shocks003.jpg

Back