Came across a remote RIGHT hand Sport Mirror for Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I was just looking through some local ads and found a couple of right side Mustang Sport Mirrors. I bought a good standard right side Sport Mirror mainly to replace the mirror base on my car. It's got floppy on me!! The guy also has a remote right side mirror that looks to be in excellent shape. In his ad, he asks the question "When did you last see one of these on a Mustang?" Never would be my answer, but what do I know!! A buddy of mine has a 73 Torino Grand Sport (I think it is) and he does have a remote right side mirror. I've just not seen one on a Mustang.

I'm thinking of buying it and as I don't need it I may modify the mirror to my larger convex glass and offer it for sale if anyone is interested.

Any thoughts, but not looking for a long drawn out thread here.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely from an early '70s Torino or Ranchero, they were popular for transplanting into Mustangs.
 Ah! so maybe NOT from a Mustang. 

I did ask the guy to confirm the D1Z on the base of the standard one I bought, but I guess even if this one has a D1Z base, it could have been switched at some point.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Not Mustang, Had one on my coupe 29 years ago, IIRC the mounting holes and gasket are off a bit. May also be off a Mercury Cougar which did have the remote adjustment. The cable was extremely long and IIRC it actually mounted in the dash

Nice find

I had one I picked up from a Granada in a junkyard. You might be able to transplant the D1Z base onto the remote head, or vice-versa.
 Switched base, I think that is entirely possible and why the guy thinks it's for a Mustang. It may in fact have been added by someone to the car it came off of.

I think I'll pass on buying it.

It's listed on Kijiji Ontario if any one want to look or buy it.

Thanks for the heads-up guys,

Geoff.

Back