Can anyone supply a pic and dimensions of a stock intake breather for a 1973 351C 4V?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 351 4V 4-speed convert
Judging by the evidence under the hood a previous owner had put a ramair assembly on my car. However, I assume it has been stripped off and sold at some point before I got the car. Long story short, the breather assembly that came on the car appears to be from a mid 70's Torino or Cougar and therefore doesn't quite fit the way it should: Heat riser tube and PCV hose issues.

Could someone send me a pic of a stock (NOT the ram air version) 1973 351C 4V intake breather and dimensions? I'm hoping to go to a swap meet next weekend and want to have a rough idea of what I'm looking for. It doesn't have to be perfect or have all the stickers etc. I just need to know what the exterior looks like and fairly accurate dimensions.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you asked for a 73 Air Cleaner Assembly, but attached is the eBay listing of an '72 air cleaner assembly I bought.

1972_BOUGHT_351_4v_AirCleaner_20120415_Info.pdf

The feature that made my heart overtake my brain was the vacuum(lack of vacuum) operated door shown in photo 3. I don't believe this was available on '73.

I paid $329 with shipping...but I had been looking for something decent for a long time.

If I have time to get dimensions, I will add to/edit this post.

Good luck.

james

Attachments

• 1972_BOUGHT_351_4v_AirCleaner_20120415_Info.pdf
    540.3 KB · Views: 31
Wolverine and Hyena,

Thanks for the photos, that certainly helps. If either of you can supply measurements I would really appreciate it.

James,

Impressive job on the documentation of purchases! I've tried saving info from eBay for documentation before but can never save all the images and details. Seems even more difficult on my Mac at home. Noticed the doc is on here as a pdf file. Is that how you saved it in the first place?

Thanks again guys!

Back