Can I plug heater core line outlet and return pump and intake?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to clean my engine compartment up some when I get this motor checked out back together and back in the car can I just plug the heater core Outlet on the pump and the heater core return on the intake manifold on my 429 or do I have to put a short Loop connecting the two of them so water still flows through there? I attached an image of the two holes. The more stuff I pull off this 429 the bigger it looks. The car is a garage princess I really do not need a heater core in it the one that's in the car now popped and I've already changed it twice I've had the car since 1985 so I'd rather just not have that heater core functioning and not have all the lines. Thank you for your assistance

20210624_163320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if the engine has been installed with all the original goodies. On the back of the engine there is a vacuum line that is on the input line of the heater core (it shuts off the fluid under wide open throttle, I think). You need to disconnect that one as well and connect the vacuum line so there is no switch. 
This part is I think found 429 AC cars only.

vac-switch-polished.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if the engine has been installed with all the original goodies. On the back of the engine there is a vacuum line that is on the input line of the heater core (it shuts off the fluid under wide open throttle, I think). You need to disconnect that one as well and connect the vacuum line so there is no switch.
This part is I think found 429 AC cars only.

vac-switch-polished.jpg
I don’t know your climate but of course you can if you don’t ever plan on using your defroster function or heat on your toes, etc.. the heater box will dry rot on you if it doesn’t stay hydrated.

Back