Canadian Barn Find 13,900 Orig Miles....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
I have been meaning to post this for a while now.... Confirmed long term stored (very poorly :( A 1971 - 13,900 Mile Grabber Blue 3514V 4-spd factory ram air Mach 1. These pictures were taken in 2015, I don’t know where the car wound up... Hope it is being restored. For those of us with the originality gene... some very good shots showing how these car’s left the factory in 1971... This car will put some arguments to bed, regarding certain features of how things were done on the assembly line.... Note the clock in the pod which was standard if you ordered The Mach 1 Interior Package. You also got the tri gauge package as part of this package. I believe you had to order the Instrumentation Group in ‘71 to get the tach which would have then moved the clock to the console.... Note the correct Mach 1 insert in the console, because no clock :) A 4-spd with no tach? Also, the tow set up shown in one of the pics... P/W, a rare option in ‘71... No engine displacement label on the Air Cleaner... Original radiator hoses, look at the pic showing the top rad hose with correct factory stapled to the hose, clamp at the radiator... The exhaust looks original... for me besides the original looking mufflers, hangers, etc; is the tail pipe clamps. These are the correct original pieces used on the assembly line in ‘71... So many other tale tail signs, I’ll stop here :) Too bad there was no factory invoice to show here, I see some documentation on the passenger seat ?

free image hosting

A535EB4C-F9AE-4813-A352-53F04C1464FB.jpeg

0D333EB9-4E95-49D5-8516-756778A6A126.jpeg

BE80DB84-13E3-47B2-B274-5A3E0CB4A1F9.jpeg

D5169187-13F6-4542-B4F2-477CFC8FF1EF.jpeg

58FC1D20-4466-4CD9-938F-D29F8B0C46B6.jpeg

802FCFAC-E219-4B72-B4CE-711B1839F2E5.jpeg

C8D0F6AB-81A6-4CB5-BCDC-2776AA75658C.jpeg

95C52115-FFC1-46EA-AF0B-D26C7D69FCA9.jpeg

D21E0944-8F16-4011-A809-713654CB8366.jpeg

BC270960-4BB2-4C83-B187-F266D1ED5B33.jpeg

9FA252B7-DB9A-40A9-BA3A-D0250540CDCE.jpeg

A71BC1D6-4F9B-42D6-A4B4-2C50B3BF1397.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have any trouble getting it home?   :p

That would be a steal, and an awesome car to restore back to factory condition.  ::thumb::

Interesting though: a 4-sp with an instrument cluster clock instead of a tach.   :chin:

That would be a steal, and an awesome car to restore back to factory condition.  ::thumb::

Interesting though: a 4-sp with an instrument cluster clock instead of a tach.   :chin:
Good spot there Eric. Yes interesting indeed, but may be the buyer forgot to order a tach, who knows back then.

Good spot there Eric. Yes interesting indeed, but may be the buyer forgot to order a tach, who knows back then.
I would've thought that all 4-sp cars would've come with tachs and the clocks in the console.  Mine was an automatic, so I'm not surprised it came that way.  I still say that would be a helluva deal on such an original, low-mileage car.

Note the clock in the pod which was standard if you ordered The Mach 1 Package. You also got the tri gauge package as part of this package. I believe you had to order the Instrumentation Group in ‘71 to get the tach which would have then moved the clock to the console.... Note the correct Mach 1 insert in the console, 
Very nicely equipped car, hope it's with a good home. 

You received the gages w/ in dash clock when you ordered the M1 Sports Interior package, it was not part of the Mach 1 package. 

Instrumentation group was required to get the tach in any car, IIRC it was discounted if ordered in conjunction with the M1 sports Interior. Console was also a standalone option.

Note the clock in the pod which was standard if you ordered The Mach 1 Package. You also got the tri gauge package as part of this package. I believe you had to order the Instrumentation Group in ‘71 to get the tach which would have then moved the clock to the console.... Note the correct Mach 1 insert in the console, 
Very nicely equipped car, hope it's with a good home. 

You received the gages w/ in dash clock when you ordered the M1 Sports Interior package, it was not part of the Mach 1 package. 

Instrumentation group was required to get the tach in any car, IIRC it was discounted if ordered in conjunction with the M1 sports Interior. Console was also a standalone option.
 It's no wonder so many of these cars are found with this or that option missing or in odd combinations. I'm as confused as hell and I'm equally sure many new buyers at the time were too. Options options, what to get, what not to get. Why didn't Ford make it simple and just offer "packages" so you got whatever was in that package, done and dusted. A Mach 1 should have been a stand alone vehicle, loaded, but NO A/C...….. not on a muscle car.

BTW, no-one mentioned the trailer hitch!!

Geoff.

That combination of a clock and 3 gauge console cluster was a 1971 only item.  The 3 gauge cluster only came with the tachometer dash cluster for 72/73.

I have converted many 7123 underdash harnesses with a clock only to those with 3 gauge cluster.

Back