cannot find fuse

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJU9507

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mach 1 auto, 507 bbf, alum heads ect.
Does anyone know who carries the Correct length 1 1/16 inch long 30 amp fuse for a/c heater blower circut? It is a odd length, keeps blowing the 14 amp that used to reside there when heater only.

Ive had on occasion a glass fuse that was no longer available , so I bought an in line blade fuse holder and soldered the wires to the chrome ends of the blown glass fuse. Worked very well. Hangs out of the fuse box about 4 inches. Easy to change.

Ive had on occasion a glass fuse that was no longer available , so I bought an in line blade fuse holder and soldered the wires to the chrome ends of the blown glass fuse. Worked very well. Hangs out of the fuse box about 4 inches. Easy to change.
I love it. It seems that the truly great advances in technology occur when we see folks who use the "Cut, Weld, or Splice as required" approach in resolving issues that come up. I remember a manual from Leece-Neville, back in the early 70s, that had a comment about working on automobile charging systems, "Stretch it but don't snap it, bend it but don't break it." Clearly that was written and published before some uptight legal beagle saw it and had that horrible, negligent statement removed from the final print. heh heh... That represented some of the best advice I have seen from a formal publication back then when it came to working on cars. I was, of course, quite young back then - 19. I was impressed enough to not have forgotten that suggestion.

Back