Cant find my alternator thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
so for those of you kind enough to respond... thank you.

I called NPD.... they had an alternator AND a harness that converts exactly the way I want.... great service and a easy advice. Should be in next week without a bunch of guessing and wheeling and dealing. I spent thousands of dollars with them and they show their appreciation.

well aint this special.... so I'll have a few beers and attempt to laugh.

I get up post a bit have the traditional Saturday morning 3 egg sammich and coffee. Go out spread a little mulch pull some weeds.... ahh now time to work on the Mach I.

I open the new alternator box in which I order from the person who said yes all 5 times I ask does it have a single wire adapter AND a 2v pulley.

Open the box and low and behold I pull out a beautiful chrome single wire alternator with the 1v pulley.....................

I get up post a bit have the traditional Saturday morning 3 egg sammich and coffee. Go out spread a little mulch pull some weeds.... ahh now time to work on the Mach I.

I open the new alternator box in which I order from the person who said yes all 5 times I ask does it have a single wire adapter AND a 2v pulley.

Open the box and low and behold I pull out a beautiful chrome single wire alternator with the 1v pulley.....................
Like you said, Dana, sometimes ya just hafta laugh. Otherwise, you're either crying or pissed, or both...:p And yep, beer helps kill the pain...

How long for the replacement to get there? And they should definitely pay for next-day shipping.

Doc

Like you said, Dana, sometimes ya just hafta laugh. Otherwise, you're either crying or pissed, or both...:p And yep, beer helps kill the pain...

How long for the replacement to get there? And they should definitely pay for next-day shipping.

Doc
Hey guys....interesting little twist. The NPD came in chrome...(not exactly what I wanted) but more interesting came in with 1 pulley not two for my a/c. SO.... I took it back to AutoZone. found 1 guy that had a few days experience and helped him learn how to track down the correct alternator...... but you wouldnt believe it. The new alternator came in...it's installed but not before I spent 2 weeks detailing the engine bay.

It happened something like this..... hmmmm that bracket looks a little dingy now. "I'll pull it too and clean it and paint it so it looks better.....

then another ...and another then hmmm the water pump needs replacing too while I'm in here.... dang the front of the motor is dirty....ohhhh it needs paint tooo...... yep you guessed it.

Yeah, where are the pictures?

Can't you show us how to properly clean the engine, what bolts go where, and most importantly, how many beers does it take to change an alternator?

Back