Can't Wait for Warmer Weather

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow C6 auto
1973 Q code Mach 1 blue glow, 4 speed
1973 H code Convertible ivy glow, FMX
I thought I would go down to my garage to visit the Mustangs. I pulled the cover off of my C6 car to make sure all was ok. Now I really want to get it out. We had 3 inches of snow last night and a new layer of salt :dodgy: Maybe another month.

29wv62o.jpg

I feel your pain. I've been sick of this winter since December. I'm so ready to drive my Mustang. Yesterday I started doing spring maintenance on my bike, at least it keeps me busy and out of trouble. That's a very beautiful Mach1 if I were to ever change the color of my car that's the color I would choose I just love that blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure looks like it wants to get out!

Here is the opposite. I am enjoying the last month or so of temps where I can drive around with the top down and not get a sunburn. ;)

High today was 88. Soon we will be in the upper 90's and then it 100+ city.

The good news that, unlike snow, it is never really too hot to take her out for a quick spin. I just mostly do it early morning or after dark.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the same boat as you, but I actually got to take it for a spin a couple of days ago when the streets were cleaned a bit. Now it sits back covered. I can't wait to get it out and do a nice detail with some clay barring, polish, and wax for this season! Takes me about four hours to detail everything with all the clay barring and stuff, but comes out like showroom finish. Then it gets dirty in a week lol!

Don't worry, warmer weather and no snow are right around the corner

This is why I am happy I live in the south! I had my convertible out the last two afternoons. Hang in there guys, it will be worth it!

i just did a ton of work in maintenance on my car,,, then 1 day before i was going to take it for a spring shakedown we got 4" and ice all over the place.

sick of winter.

Yeah, here in WNY we have a few more weeks of recovery before even considering taking a ride. Usually takes a couple weeks of rain just to clear the salt from the roadways. The ambient temp in my garage is still 26 F. The worst part will be when we get a 60 deg day and I open up all the garage doors to increase the speed of the interior warm up. Everything suddenly is covered in condensation. That's when I pull the Stangs out and bring out the fans for the garage space.

Mid-Ohio will be ahead of us by a couple weeks weather-wise.

Hey, we're still enjoying great ski conditions!!!

You should migrate to California. We go from fall to spring.

Great looking car Steve...take it for a drive out to California so I can see.
That's a good idea Jeff. I drove a 73 Mach 1 from Ohio after college to Southern California back in '83. I made the return trip 5 years later in a '69 Mach 1. It's about time for another Mach 1 cross country trip!

Your Mach is probably my favorite one on the site! I have a strong passion for Blue Glow and Argent! I wouldn't complain if you posted more pictures of it! :D

Your Mach is probably my favorite one on the site! I have a strong passion for Blue Glow and Argent! I wouldn't complain if you posted more pictures of it! :D
Thanks Doug! Here is a shot of both of them. The 4 speed car is on the left. It is my next project.

htrxqq.jpg

Back