Car Insurance Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susansguy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Called my insurance co today, they will not insure my 73 because it is in restoration "not running", has anyone had this problem and what did you do. Want to tag it so the locals wont complain about an untaged car being worked on!!

Called my insurance co today, they will not insure my 73 because it is in restoration "not running", has anyone had this problem and what did you do. Want to tag it so the locals wont complain about an untaged car being worked on!!
Go to Hagerty or Heacock Insurance, who specialize in classic autos. When in restoration mode and not on the streets, only comprehensive is needed.

Most classic car insurance companys will insure a car in restoration mode as long as it fills their guidelines of collectible or antique cars.

Try

Condon and Skelly

Hagerty

J C Taylor

Most insurances WILL not cover a car under restoration what it depends on is what percentage of the car is together..or where your at in the restoration stage..restoration means many things to different people..for some people a restoration is a paint job..What matters is how the insurance co defines restoration...& what their criteria is..Try these guy's http://www.jctaylor.com/ I have my camaro with them & for the same coverage they were HALF the price of hagerty.. If you can't get antique auto insurance it's a simple matter to get an umbrella policy on your homeowners or renters insurance just like you would for a piece of jewelery.

Allstate insured mine as comprehensive only (I think that's what they called the coverage) while it was in stroage many years. It was very cheap, like $20 every six months. This covered it if it was stolen or the barn fell on it. They did say the tag could not be on it.

I use Hagerty on both of my ShhhTANGS. As I've improved the Mach I... I can send pics to prove the new value. NOthings happened in 6 years so no way of telling how they are on service. But they've done a good job taking my money so far.:huh::D

I am with Hagerty--had other companies in the past, but I am EXTREMELY happy with Hagerty. They covered my '69 as it went back together, they covered my '96 Cobra as a classic with modifications (and an agreed value). I don't see myself with any other insurance company because Hagerty meets all my needs and the price is very reasonable.

Allstate insured mine as comprehensive only (I think that's what they called the coverage) while it was in stroage many years. It was very cheap, like $20 every six months. This covered it if it was stolen or the barn fell on it. They did say the tag could not be on it.
Yup i got the same on my mustang...Incase a storm,..flood or some one hits it while its parked...its coverd....but im using farmers...They been real good too us "so far" for 20 years...lol

Reason i got my mustang so cheap off my dad was cause he had comprehenisve insurance on it..And a big storm blew my grampas old camper on top of the stang..put a ding in the fender and hood...They gave him 2 grand cash too fix it..He kept the cash and sold me the rest for 1500 bucks...And still kicks him self for doing that and tries to buy it back all the time...Like that mustang commercial...Mustang guys dont give up there stangs!! lmao

Back