Car Name

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine inherited the name The Antichrist from an old Jeep I had that earned the name. I'm been told over and over that some people might find that offensive, so we'll see if a new name lands on it. Also the car was really rough when I got it, so that name worked. It's less of a pile now. 

Unofficially, I have called my car "Mary", as that was the name of the lead character in the movie the car was used in, and she signed the glove box door.....but usually just refer to it as "the Mustang".

mary death 5.png

Bounty Killer Mustang 6.jpg

Bounty Killer  Mary 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our '73 is named "Wanda".  Bought her in Orlando & had to drive her back to St Louis, basically sight unseen.  Drove her off the lot to find the steering so bad that she "wanda'd" thru the smallest turn.  On the highway she required 1300 miles of hands-on focus to keep her in the lane, leaving us to "Wanda" why we ever bought her.  She really is a good, solid, un-rusted car so we really do think she is "wanda"ful.  New rag-joint and alignment & she is good as new.

“Audri” for my grand-niece who inherits the car. It gives me a goal: to finish by the time she gets a drivers license.

And I just ordered vanity plates today, the 60s California black with yellow lettering. A guy down the street has a 68 Camaro SS in orange, trimmed in white. He got the black plate with yellow letters, too, but painted the letters orange. Lame (lol)

Mine originally was 'The Rustang.'  But after I got it back from the painter, my wife said I can't call it that anymore.  I asked what she suggested, and she said, "Frankenstang."  Since I brought it back from the dead... using some parts from other cars... and under the hood you can still see some of the 'scars' (welds) from when I put him back together.

Seems fair enough to me.

Back