Carburetor info needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirconmach1

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351 Cleveland, 4 barrel, ram air, 4 speed, factory a/c, 77 k original miles in bright red with black.

Drive it like you stole it!
I just purchased the correct 4300a carburetor for my 1971 M code Mach1 thanks to Hemikiller. While I have no intention of using it, I still wanted it to complete the car. My question is I’ve been looking at Quick Fuel carburetors to replace my Holley. My 1971 Mach1 M code 351 Cleveland 4v is bone stock. I’m looking for a bolt on Quick Fuel carburetor to replace it. I just don’t know which one to get. I don’t want to do a lot of modifications to make it fit either. I’m hoping I can find a bolt on carburetor that will work with my ram air as well. I’m moving away from the Holley that’s on it now. It never worked well for the get go. Any suggestions from the people who have used this carburetor for my application. Thanks

For a bone stock cruiser the Slayer 600 vacuum secondary should work and is easily tuned if need be. If you plan on future performance upgrades then the HR 680 vacuum secondary might be a good choice. Either way you will need the ball stud hardware to attach the throttle cable, and kick-down hardware, if the car is automatic. Almost all Holley style street carbs, with center hung floats, come with float bowls threaded to be plumbed from the passenger side, while OEM Ford Holley carbs have a front bowl threaded to be plumbed from the drivers side with a transfer tube going to the secondary bowl on the passenger side. I suggest calling Holley/Quickfuel and asking if it is possible to get a carb with Ford style float bowls. Chuck

Back