Carburetors: Riley's Rebuilds and The Carburetor Shop (US)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351 4v CJ, C6, Mach 1 Decor options, power: steering, brakes and windows, a/c, Rally Pac gauges, Deluxe interior.
[url=https://ibb.co/ZVjjKXW][img]https://i.ibb.co/zrMMbxG/s-l1600-2.jpg[/img][/url]
I'm needing work done beyond a rebuild on my Holley 4300D and from recommendations here, contacted Riley's Rebuilds. She said they're focusing on only Edelbrock carburetors for the time being, and recommended I contact The Carburetor Shop instead. They're closed on Mondays so I sent an email inquiring as to whether they could do what I need as their website includes Holley. I'll follow up here when I hear back.

Just passing on the info in case you're having trouble finding someone to service your Holley, or, looking for someone specializing in rebuilding Edelbrocks.

Riley's Rebuilds: (941) 545-1634 and on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RileysRebuilds)
The Carburetor Shop: (651-770-3505) and website thecarburetorshopus.com

Maybe @7173Vert can recommend a shop, as I believe he had his '73's 4300D rebuilt recently, and was pleased with the results.
I could... but it is located in Toronto Canada. The carb was original and had never been rebuilt before. It was due. Basic rebuild shop but the carb came back fixed and has worked well since reinstalled. From memory, my biggest issue at the time was flooding (float level) and the plug at the front of th carb near the fuel filter burst and was leaking fuel. I believe the plug was something to do with how the factory mfr'd the carb originally and is a known problem with these carbs over time. I'm going from memory on this, sorry.

I do know a good rebuild guy in Ohio for Q-Jet carbs (my 71 429cj carb). I had tried one other big name down South and was very disappointed with the outcome and the $$ I wasted. But, I found Ray Klemm on Facebook and he fixed it almost 100% (is any carb ever running 100%? lol). Search his name on Facebook, let him know I sent you, good guy too.

The car crowd in Youngstown Ohio have used Harry from Benchwick Carburetor shop for years to rebuild/service their carbs. This business was started by Harry's father years ago and has since past on. Harry worked with his dad as a kid and stayed with the business to this day. Harry has actively rebuilding carbs for over 50 years. I suspect he is eyeing retirement. Never the less I've had him rebuild my carb on my '71 Mach and again on my '66 convertible. His shop is wall to wall carbs. He managed to come up with some missing parts on my '66 two barrel without any problems. Both carbs after rebuild were reinstalled by me on my cars and fired up first time after being installed with very little adjustment needed.

He advertises in Hemmings. Check him out:

Benchwick Carburetor
2747 Glenwood Ave
Youngstown, OH 44511
(330) 782 3767

Continuing my search, National Carburetors charges $299 for 4300D rebuild, and I've asked about repairing the fuel inlet.

They also sell a rebuilt 4300D for $239. Might be the way to go.

Back