Carpet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
My Car
351 CJ 4V,Q-Code (1 of 330)
Hi,
I'm looking for a new carpet , I have the Color Vermillion inside and the Deluxe Version , can you recommend something for me?

Thanks. Rene

Last edited:
do they all (mach1 and cabriolets) have the same carpet or are they different?

Convertible carpet is unique as it's molded to accommodate the extra bracing of the inner rocker rails, which the coupe and sportsroof don't have. Otherwise, they look identical.

The Mach 1 Sport Interior option included a carpet with two molded in plastic runners. This was an option on the Mach 1 and sportsroof models. I believe that ACC makes this style carpet for the convertibles, but it was not an original item.

I know, but would these carpets also fit plug and play in the cabriolet?

I have seen Rockauto offer different ACC carpets, essex with mass backing and nylon with mass backing, which is better?

I am not aware of any available carpet especially made for convertibles, although if there is hopefully someone might chime in. I would try the mass backed, the thicker insulation might help as would matching factory thicker fiberglass/tar underbacking. The ACC stuff did not fit my mach floors perfectly, seemed too thin, mass backed would have helped.

I have seen Rockauto offer different ACC carpets, essex with mass backing and nylon with mass backing, which is better?
Mass back will absorb road noises like new cars much better.

Upon further research, mass backing will not affect fitment, only sound control.

Coupe/sportsroof carpets will not fit a convertible properly. I believe ACC has descriptions of the differences of the carpet types on their website.

I am not aware of any available carpet especially made for convertibles, although if there is hopefully someone might chime in. I would try the mass backed, the thicker insulation might help as would matching factory thicker fiberglass/tar underbacking. The ACC stuff did not fit my mach floors perfectly, seemed too thin, mass backed would have helped.

see below

Convertible carpet is unique as it's molded to accommodate the extra bracing of the inner rocker rails, which the coupe and sportsroof don't have. Otherwise, they look identical.

1669740801535.png

Latest posts

Back