Casting Numbers and Engine Codes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
Here are some block and head casting numbers that I have compiled from various sources, also engine codes. I tried to cross-reference most of them, but different sites have some different information on some of them.

I am sure there are some missing and some that are incorrect. Please let me know if you find any.

Edit: updated 4/24/2019

Casting Numbers-V8.pdf

Attachments

• Casting Numbers-V8.pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some block and head casting numbers that I have compiled from various sources, also engine codes. I tried to cross-reference most of them, but different sites have some different information on some of them.

I am sure there are some missing and some that are incorrect. Please let me know if you find any.
You left out a 70/71 429 s/cj block: DOVE-A, this is the casting #, some, not all, were 4-bolt main. This is for Torino....not sure of the other marques. The D5TE block# is incorrect obviously....that is a 1975 460" truck block

Last edited by a moderator:
You left out a 70/71 429 s/cj block: DOVE-A, this is the casting #, some, not all, were 4-bolt main. This is for Torino....not sure of the other marques. The D5TE block# is incorrect obviously....that is a 1975 460" truck block
Thanks much, I'll make the addition and the correction and re-post.

Back