Center Console Map Light Clone with LED

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update   ::thumb::

I Decided to 3D print the map lights to make it easier to meet demand.

I've been perfecting the 3D model and print process and am near finalizing the product.

I hope to send the next prototype to 73 Pony by the weekend for fitment confirmation

in his car after I check it in mine.

I will be ordering more lenses for the map light from Don at OMS along with the bulbs sockets and switches

from ebay this week.

We are days away from a production run and I thank you for being patient!

Paul

Very nice! I think a lot of people will be interested. It is a shame that my Mustang convertible doesn't have the wires for it behind the delete plate in the console. Maybe a long wire with a battery in the glovebox for easy replacement could be an option.

I am interested as well!

Hi, I know this is an older thread but is there anyway I can get the STL file for this so I can make my own? Trying to help a friend finish his '71  

Thanks

Hi, I know this is an older thread but is there anyway I can get the STL file for this so I can make my own? Trying to help a friend finish his '71  

Thanks
Wow! No introduction whatsoever, but you want to use a file that a guy here has spent a lot of time on so you can cut out the middle man and make the product yourself...  

Do you walk into restaurants and ask for their recipes so you can cook their signature dishes yourself? 

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but man, you got balls! 

How about dropping the guy a private message and ask him if he makes one for you, like the rest of us?

Hey Guys (And Gals)

I was lucky to get an original Map Light from a member here for cheap.

Instead of installing it and be done I decided to clone it and make it

available to anyone who would like a clone.

The ML is made of .125 ABS with camera case finish which is slightly thicker than the original but I tried to keep the

dimensions the same as the original within reason.

The clone uses the repop lens available from OMS and others

and uses a T10 LED and socket.

The original I got was slightly too wide to fit in my car with a repop dash pad so I made that dimension slightly smaller.  

To accommodate the LED socket the clone is slightly taller than the original with no fitment issues.

The prototype needs the switch mounted and will be finished tomorrow

and will be sent to 73 Pony for fitment and review.

Unfinished Prototype Photos:

opa1u.jpg

rap2te.jpg

I have a larger investment in this than I thought I would and need to to know the interest level before I order more parts and material?

I will sell them for 79.00 delivered to US via paypal through this site or ebay

with returns available.

Thanks Everyone

Regards

Paul

Thanks
Wow! No introduction whatsoever, but you want to use a file that a guy here has spent a lot of time on so you can cut out the middle man and make the product yourself...  

Do you walk into restaurants and ask for their recipes so you can cook their signature dishes yourself? 

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but man, you got balls! 

How about dropping the guy a private message and ask him if he makes one for you, like the rest of us?
You were right on with that. It looks like that was his one and only post, so his reasoning for wanting the file was obviously BS. Chances are he would have started selling them on eBay.

You were right on with that. It looks like that was his one and only post, so his reasoning for wanting the file was obviously BS. Chances are he would have started selling them on eBay.
Not trying to start an argument, but throwing out an alternative theory because it happened to me once. Several years ago, I signed up to the P-38 pistol forum to ask a question of "the experts". I found a post by a guy that answered a similar question and seemed to know what he was talking about so asked him his advice. Some other guy jumped on and blasted me because "He was the guy that knew everything and I should have asked him". I don't have time for a bunch of drama and egos, so my second, and last, post was telling the group just that and they had just lost a member. I never went back. Not the same situation here, but close. I've seen other car websites drive off other new people because they were attacked right out of the gate. I would hazard a guess that everyone here has asked a bonehead question at some point in their life, innocent though it might be. When you get ridiculed for it, do you hang around for more, or walk away?

Yes, I try to assume the best of people until proven otherwise, but is that such a bad thing?

Is anyone e still selling the map lights? Have never received a reply from Paul (Rocket366).

Back