CENTER CONSOLE WITH TOPLOADER

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmarlojill

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 351C 2v, Full restoration
I just installed my full length floor console in my 73. I was expecting the shifter to set in the middle of the opening but mine looks to be heavy to the drivers side. It looks a bit strange. does anyone have a picture looking straight into the shifter hole on there console? Im wondering if Im missing a piece? I have the shifter boot sealed to the floor pan, the carpet around the boot, but what covers the cut edge of the carpet? I thought the console would hide it but it doesn't when its sitting off to one side like it is.

Square plastic collar like judge said.

It sits towards drivers side.

'71 M-code with toploader.

My console needs painted.

mike

Addendum, this stick is in neutral.

If you look at the clock this picture was taken

a little over 15 minutes before it was posted.

P3020693.JPG

I just installed my full length floor console in my 73. I was expecting the shifter to set in the middle of the opening but mine looks to be heavy to the drivers side. It looks a bit strange. does anyone have a picture looking straight into the shifter hole on there console? Im wondering if Im missing a piece? I have the shifter boot sealed to the floor pan, the carpet around the boot, but what covers the cut edge of the carpet? I thought the console would hide it but it doesn't when its sitting off to one side like it is.
This is just a picture I had on computer this is a 12,000 mile original car. There is a plastic piece that floats around. Sorry it is not cleaner have not cleaned this car in 32 years one of those mental block things.

David

Here is a a template for cutting your own plastic piece for the manual-trans console trim.

If you have the standard "shorty" console, you will need to cut a notch along thre bottom of the template to make room for the ashtray

ShifterBezelTemplate.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the pictures and all the great info....exactly what I needed to see.

Back