• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

center dash bezel for car with air and guages

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
finally got ac working, but mechanic broke dash bezel by map light while removing it. Anyone have a decent one for sale?

Can it be repaired? 
Not easily, it is the upper corner and part of the plastic is missing leaving an irregularly shaped hole.  If I cant find  replacement I may try to epoxy it and fill it in, but it will never be perfect and bother me 

Hi Hemikiller, I thought that all (1973)  convertibles had the black center panel and not the woodgrain. I have the instrument package with the center instruments in my car and it is black with Chrome and no woodgrain. Maybe it was changed by the previous owner , so if you have more info ,that would be great!

Hi Hemikiller, I thought that all (1973)  convertibles had the black center panel and not the woodgrain. I have the instrument package with the center instruments in my car and it is black with Chrome and no woodgrain. Maybe it was changed by the previous owner , so if you have more info ,that would be great!
Mine is black with silver too

If you end up getting one of the ACP brand repop ones they are are decent.  It is one of the dash parts I got that required no work to make it fit.  I hate working on the dash because it is an expensive, brittle, fragile puzzle from hell.

Mine is black with silver too

You guys are right, the woodgrain center panel was only standard on the Grande', or with the M1 Sports Interior option. Thinking back now, both of my 73 convertibles had the black center panel. Doh - I stand corrected!  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked in the classifieds?

center-bezels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, that's my ad. I have not been active in trying to sell all the stuff I have, so I believe I still have all of those in the box. I can check for you tomorrow, if you like.

The repop piece I picked up for mine (from OMS) fits perfectly, even though mine was a non-A/C originally.  But the woodgrain veneer was already trying to come off (cheap adhesive in the production process).  No worries though, as I was planning on removing it anyway (I replaced it with 3M DiNoc black carbon fiber vinyl).  The OE A/C vent, 3-gauge pack, and map light all fit perfectly as well, along with the chrome trim plating being of good quality and all of the fastener points lined up perfectly.

Back