center dash w/gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Hello Stang Gang!

Dies anyone know where I can get the Wood Grain Decal that goes on the center dash with the 3 gauge setup? I found pnes without the gauges but none with!

I found one on ebay a couple of years ago. Paid way too much, it fit poorly, and didn't stick. Other than that it was great! Call Don at OMS, bite the bullet and buy a new bezel with the woodgrain on it. WARNING, it will look so good you will want all new bezels. Chuck

I'm pretty sure that NPD carried one in their catalog
The only one I saw at NPD was w/o gauges! :?(

I found one on ebay a couple of years ago. Paid way too much, it fit poorly, and didn't stick. Other than that it was great! Call Don at OMS, bite the bullet and buy a new bezel with the woodgrain on it. WARNING, it will look so good you will want all new bezels. Chuck
I hate to do That, I just cut it all up to fit AutoMeter gauges in it and painted it up! It looks great so far!!!!

Or you can match it with the 3m wood grain vinyl..If your skill level is up to the task of cutting installing your own

http://www.metrorestyling.com/category-s/1228.htm
I was able to get enuff of the old one off to make a template out of it and will try to locate a local shop that does vinyl sign work to possibly duplicate it or I might just try to do it myself if I cant find one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Stang Gang!

Dies anyone know where I can get the Wood Grain Decal that goes on the center dash with the 3 gauge setup? I found pnes without the gauges but none with!
When you find the least, a kit that you can prefabricate as the dash apart if it isn't apart is something I will never do again. I have the kind of door inserts that wood grain and would be a nice touch there, on console as well around speedo and tach would be super!!!! Good luck. Maybe Hemmings motor new might help. If you have a subscription, the first inquiry I believe is free but it's not that expensive to advertise through them. Wood grain item you are talking about is not secluded to 71-73's as you recall some Shelby models. Even if you can trace out the area, I know Hemmings classifieds or subscribers would know where you can get the material then at the most, can have it installed by an interior man.

Hey guys, has anyone tried the 3M di-Noc or Rwrap films?

Materials are reported to be form fitting with the aid of a hairdryer. Online instructions look pretty straightforward - trim piece of film to approximate size, heat to activate adhesive, use squeegee or fingers to apply to panel and massage around gauge housings. Use exacto knife to trim to your perfect fit.

We're gonna try this to match our door panels to the new GT Performance steering wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back