center gauge console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stillakid54

Reaction score
My Car
-71 boss1
-71 scj convertible
My B1 was restored years ago. It has decor group and a full console. It has a wood finish center gauge pod console. Is this correct in the boss? It is not something I have seen in the great majority of pics of a boss, with either standard or decor interior.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• boss 4 (450 x 600).jpg
    boss 4 (450 x 600).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 13
To set the terms straight, there were three interiors available with the B351: standard, Decor Group, and the Mach 1 Sports Interior.

Standard interior would be all vinyl seats, flat door panels with separate arm rests, and a black textured center stack w/the gauges. Carpet is the plain type with heel pad on the driver's side.

Decor group would add molded door panels, camera case textured panels on the driver and passenger side dash, and either knitted vinyl seats that mimicked the Grande' upholstery pattern (black or white only), or the cloth and vinyl striped seats (all other colors). The center gauge stack would still be the textured black unit from the standard interior.

M1 Sports Interior gave you the knitted vinyl seats with the contrasting vinyl pattern vertical stripes, carpet with the running horse pads (as seen in Sherriff's pics). The center stack would also change to the woodgrain as seen in both your pics.

If your car had the black Decor Group interior, then the door tag code would be 3A or CA

If it had the M1 Sports Interior, then the code would be 5A.

The 429 Megasite has some good pics of the various interiors.

http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/new_page_36.htm

Last edited:
Excellent. Thanks to both of you. As would be expected CA code. No plans to change it, just want to have things right myself.

Back