Center pod removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
I have removed the center pod thingy in the past when I tore down the entire interior but have a question.  Does this piece come out by itself without haveing to remove other parts of the dash, just cannot remember if it does.  Picture is just of one on fleabay for reference.  tanks

gauge.jpg

Turns out I just installed my bezel a few weeks ago

Yes, but it is held in place in 2 spots...

1) the heater/air conditioner bezel is hooked up and loosely holds the bottom in place...as a first step

2) the radio bezel (big hole under the tri gauge cluster) is what really holds/secures this bezel in place...which goes on after this bezel is in place...it has 4 screws that secure it in place...

the screw holes at the top of the bezel hold the top and tie into the dash pad cover

hope this helps

Thanks, I thought so.  I replaced my ac controls with a new, rebuilt unit a few months ago so the radio and that came out so the rest should be easy.  I want to replace the stock temp gauge with a Bosch mechanical gauge.  My current one never goes past the low hash mark.  Fortunately my car seems to run at correct temps even in the 90+ weather we have with the ac running.  I did a deep clean of the radiator when I did my engine bay and so far I have never had to replace a drop of fluid nor any signs of overheating but think I would like to have a gauge that tells me real time info.

Back