Charlotte Hotel Reservations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience with 15+ years of MCA National events, these are pretty decent rates. Taxes will be added so that is a given. As I recall, the rates for the 40th were about the same you are seeing from this place. I would recommend blocking for everyone signed up plus a few more. Get the blocking code for the group and everyone makes their own reservation on their own credit cards; any rooms left after 30 days of the initial blocking date can be released back to the general public. Let's face it, by the end of the year, 90% of anything within reasonable distance of the event will be sold out.

The way gas prices are rising, a hotel room may be the least of expenses for any of us traveling 700+ miles...

BTW: that location looks ideal !!
Really, that sucks I was hoping to charge mine to OMS as a business write off:blush:

Bkduna: anything new to report. I have a feeling that reservations and room unit cost will start to escalate in the next couple months. Do these guys know what is coming insofar as the event, you better believe it...

I sent the sales manager an email to find out what was necessary to obtain a block of rooms. I plan to request 20 rooms. As soon as I have any more information I will post it. Most likely sometime Monday.

Here is the Google Maps view of the Hampton Inn. This may show a little of how much I like to be prepared for planning things, but oh well. Looks like there is plenty of parking behind the hotel. They will probably be booked full, but at least it looks like they have the parking spots to support that.

9810 Weddington Road Extension

Concord, NC 28027

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS456US456&q=9810+Weddington+Road+Extension+Concord%2c+NC+28027

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sending PMs to everyone on the list who I do not either have a confirmation from if they still need a room or if they do for what days. If I send you one in error please forgive me and disregard. I am posting all of the information I have on this post to keep everyone informed.

I am sending PMs to everyone on the list who I do not either have a confirmation from if they still need a room or if they do for what days. If I send you one in error please forgive me and disregard. I am posting all of the information I have on this post to keep everyone informed.
Subscribing, its looking like we will be trying to hit the east coast event and would start from Little Rock if I can get the car completed. If there are rooms available we would be interested. Thanks.

Here is the response back from Hampton Inn. I am going to ask them to draw up the contract (not sure what that entails) and I will request a block of 20 rooms Wed - Sun as that appears to be the majority thus far.

From Hampton Inn:

I apologize for missing your call earlier. I hope you had a nice weekend. Those rates do not include the tax, which is 13%. I can draw up a contract for the rooms and they will be able to book them until two months before the arrival date. Thanks again!

Here is the response back from Hampton Inn. I am going to ask them to draw up the contract (not sure what that entails) and I will request a block of 20 rooms Wed - Sun as that appears to be the majority thus far.

From Hampton Inn:

I apologize for missing your call earlier. I hope you had a nice weekend. Those rates do not include the tax, which is 13%. I can draw up a contract for the rooms and they will be able to book them until two months before the arrival date. Thanks again!
Cool hopefully soon we will know something

Just received the contract from Hampton Inn. I need to go back through the careers thread and find that attorney in the group. I am an HR guy so I can get through most of it. I know I am not putting my credit card info. down anywhere.

He has composed the contract to set aside a block of 16 rooms for us up until 02/01/14. That seems like a long time, but I would like others opinions. I would rather have them set-up a block of 20 rooms up through maybe June 2013 so we can get everyone in and set early on rather than drag this out for 11 months.

I have attached the document for those folks who would like to scan it over to make sure I am not putting a lean on you car or committing you to cleaning toilets while you are there. It all looks pretty above board. We have until next Friday to request this block of rooms.

Charlotte Hampton Inn.docx

Attachments

• Charlotte Hampton Inn.docx
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
The wrong year, 2013, is on each column, while the top of the form correctly states 2014. Otherwise looks OK to me. I see no harm in leaving the opportunity to book until next Feb as we may have undecided or new members that may want to participate. I don't believe there is any obligation otherwise.

Do we tell them we are with 7173Mustangs or anything. It said nothing about a deposit, is it required? Looked pretty straight forward. Probably read more of it than any other reservation I have made:dodgy: You can ask to up it to 20 when you contact them. I am definitely in the moment you put this in just let me know

Do we tell them we are with 7173Mustangs or anything. It said nothing about a deposit, is it required? Looked pretty straight forward. Probably read more of it than any other reservation I have made:dodgy: You can ask to up it to 20 when you contact them. I am definitely in the moment you put this in just let me know
I will update the contract to show the organization as 7173 Mustang Forum. I do not believe any deposit is required. This only blocks the rooms for us until the agreed upon date. Any reservations/deposits/fees will be between each individual making their reservation and Hampton Inn. With all the money I am spending on parts right now, I do not have a dime to spend on any deposits. ::shrug::

I will update the contract to show the organization as 7173 Mustang Forum. I do not believe any deposit is required. This only blocks the rooms for us until the agreed upon date. Any reservations/deposits/fees will be between each individual making their reservation and Hampton Inn. With all the money I am spending on parts right now, I do not have a dime to spend on any deposits. ::shrug::
Was not suggesting you pay anything, was just wondering if a deposit will be required. In Pigeon Forge for the Rod Run you have to pay one night up front at the time of the reservation. Deposit required or not Im going.

I'm glad you've got a good rate on your reservations, if I had known about the free/cheap booze I'd have pushed for the Hampton Inns myself.

Back