Chatham" Retro-Fest and RM Sotherby's 40th anniverary

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
In case there is anyone interested in taking a trip across the border from Michigan, this weekend, Friday and Saturday is a combination of the annual Retro-Fest car show and the 40th anniversary of RM Sotherby's. ( RM Restoration and Auctions). Suggest if anyone is interested, come Friday and stay overnight IF there is hotel space available. Google it I sure there is a ton of info there. way too much going on for me to post everything. Short notice I know, but the weather has been crap as you all know, so now it actually looks good for Saturday, but cool at 70 deg. 

We're easy to get to from the bridge or tunnel, just head East on 401, but you'll need to exit at either Tilbury Queens line (second Tilbury exit) or Hwy 40 N in to Chatham. Bloomfield Rd is closed for road works.

Hope to see some of the Michigan guys there, or from wherever. 

Geoff.

Wish I could but I don’t have a passport. I am also in the middle of installing new center gauges and of course it is taking longer than I thought. I had built a custom bracket to hold the gauges, but I didn’t have my car here to make sure it fit. Well it didn’t fit so I had to remake it. I have it re-made now, and the wiring all done, but I’m waiting on some green led lights to put in them. I got the new temperature sender in, but I need to get a bushing to install the oil pressure sender.

And the way this weather is going it will probably rain. I sure hope it doesn’t so you can have a nice time at the shows.

Wish I could but I don’t have a passport. I am also in the middle of installing new center gauges and of course it is taking longer than I thought. I had built a custom bracket to hold the gauges, but I didn’t have my car here to make sure it fit. Well it didn’t fit so I had to remake it. I have it re-made now, and the wiring all done, but I’m waiting on some green led lights to put in them. I got the new temperature sender in, but I need to get a bushing to install the oil pressure sender.

And the way this weather is going it will probably rain. I sure hope it doesn’t so you can have a nice time at the shows.
 John, Glad you are getting the center gauges sorted. Lots of fun isn't it!! Been there-done that.

As for Saturday, just got the forecast and YEAH! SUN. Unfortunately Sunday's car show in Sarnia doesn't look so good...…….. again. Oh well it could change, hope so.

Geoff.

Well, what can I say, what a weekend!! Finally SUN all weekend long. I even went to two shows.

The Retro-Fest was awesome. Over 700 cars pre-registered and another 300+ that registered on the day. Of course there were a few 'sneak-ins' that had no place there, too new, like a 2014 Boss 302. How did that get past the "guards"!!

Anyway, you missed a great time. On Friday night, there was a cruise of about 25 miles or so ending with cars cruising the drag in downtown Chatham for several hours. I chose not to do the cruise due to driving a stick shift, it can be really hard on the clutch and leg, but the wife and I did do the loop downtown. Hoards of people lining the roadside and lots of great comments. I got a charge out of kids saying " Look, a Mach 1!!" 

On Saturday, I was up at 4:30 to be on the street by 5. Even then, there were many others already there to get their fav spot. Got mine so all was worth it.

Wayne Carini (chasing classic cars) was a VIP judge and I believe there were a few other well knowns there as well. Kid Rock was the Parade Grand Marshall. There was a parade of 39 items prior to the cruise hitting the streets. 

Later in the day, an estimated 20,000 people attended the show...…………… but why do some of then have to bring their damn DOGS!!

Here's a couple of pics.

L to R a friends 32 Ford (I think!) , my Mach 1 and my buddy's 75 Vet convertible.

More friends cars arriving.

Batmobile movie car

One of two mechanical Elephants from the Parade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back