Check out how much this car sold for at Mecum Kissimmee!

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score

That car is green/green (not my favorite colors), NO A/C, STANDARD interior, the tapestripe was added, and it has NO RAM AIR OR HOOD LOCKS. Heck, it doesn't even have tach and gauges! And no mention of matching numbers drivetrain so you can assume it ain't. $66,000 DOLLARS! That's Boss 351 money! I guess that bodes well for when I sell my Dark Green/Green, 1971 M code, 351 4V/4 speed convertible loaded out with almost every option available and ALL NUMBERS MATCHING "BORN WITH" FACTORY DRIVETRAIN! Knowing there are people that will pay that much for a car that color, it makes me kinda sad (NOT!) that I'm painting my Dark Green 71 429 CJ Mach I (the one shown below) Bright Lime Green, lol!

Attachments

• IMG-2521.jpg
    IMG-2521.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-8333.jpg
    IMG-8333.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-1653.jpeg
    IMG-1653.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-1654.jpeg
    IMG-1654.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-1966.JPG
    IMG-1966.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-2129.mov
    7.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG-8334.jpg
    IMG-8334.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, Geoff. I don't think you understood my post. The green Mach I that sold for $66K was an M code, 351C 4V, 4 speed, fold-down, but no other options. Standard interior, no A/C, no PW, etc. The 429 car is mine that I hope to sell at auction so I can get big bucks like the guy who sold that green M code Mach I at Mecum. The green M code 4 spd convertible I posted above is mine too, but I posted it in comparison to the Mach I as far as options, etc. The convertible is being restored. I have the born with matching numbers drivetrain done. The point I was trying to make was that I love everything about the green convertible except for the dark green color and the green interior. I've been tempted to change the color on the convertible like I did on my green C code 429CJ Mach I to Bright Lime, but the fact that someone out there showed some real love for a dark green relatively low optioned green Mach I at Mecum by paying $66K gives me hope I can go back original with the vert and still get my money back out of it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
Hey, Geoff. I don't think you understood my post. The green Mach I that sold for $66K was an M code, 351C 4V, 4 speed, fold-down, but no other options. Standard interior, no A/C, no PW, etc. The 429 car is mine that I hope to sell at auction so I can get big bucks like the guy who sold that green M code Mach I at Mecum. The green M code 4 spd convertible I posted above is mine too, but I posted it in comparison to the Mach I as far as options, etc. The convertible is being restored. I have the born with matching numbers drivetrain done. The point I was trying to make was that I love everything about the green convertible except for the dark green color and the green interior. I've been tempted to change the color on the convertible like I did on my green C code 429CJ Mach I to Bright Lime, but the fact that someone out there showed some real love for a dark green relatively low optioned green Mach I at Mecum by paying $66K gives me hope I can go back original with the vert and still get my money back out of it!
Ah, I get it now, thanks for the clarification.
66K for a dark green, not my favorite either, Mach 1 that is somewhat similar to mine, a pretty much basic "Plain Jane", is making me think more about selling my car..... or not. A friend has a 71 429 J code 4 speed I'd love to buy, but he too knows it's (potential) value. I'd need all of 60k just to consider it.

airfido

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351 Tribute (H-code)
Nice green! (Yours)

MeanMachine

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Coupe
Built 306ci, Nitrous,
Modded C4, 9" rear w/4.57s
I watched that Mach go across the floor and I thought it showed very well on TV. I like the exterior color. I hope our years keep going up in value....rising tide usually lifts all ships :)

Fabrice

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ