chrome bumper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 302 Restored to Factory Stock.
While installing my new 351C I scratched the dura bumper. hard to match up the (gold glow) paint I painted it matte black, turned out great, but. I have seen 71-72 chrome bumpers put on 73's. Is there anyone that knows what parts are needed and the procedure.

Attachments

• Mustang front.JPG
    Mustang front.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 24
I changed out my 73 front fenders to 72, ordered the rubber spacers that attach to the fenders for the fillers at the ends of the bumper, already had the 72 bumper mounts (they are different from the 73 bumper mounts, I also changed to a 72 grill but the 73 grill fit well anyway. And lastly, I changed out the hood latch mount bracket (although, I can't remember if I really needed to do this).
My 73 already had 72 front fenders on it, so I had all of the mounting hardware on hand already.

There are some here that have added the chrome bumper to their 73 and looks great without changing the fenders though, mine is not painted so I just leaned that way since I had the parts on hand.

Good luck
Tom

Back