CJ’s 2.25” Aluminized Mustang Small Block V8 1965-1973 (EXK7K)

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is to make roadworthy. Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Has anyone purchased this kit? I recently canceled my Summit order for mufflers and over axle pipes and am on the hunt for a system I can modify to work with my EBay shorty headers. My primary question is, are the “turbo mufflers“, sold “like original”, any good and what kind of sound do they make? In any case, I’ll have to have a pipe from the shorty to this system made, with bungs welded on. Thank you, Steve.

Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is to make roadworthy. Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Ok, so that question didn’t work, how about this? I’m trying to decide, should I buy the Flowmaster 15807 over axle pipes, two 71226 Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers, and an H-Pipe OR the CJ’s system mentioned? In any case, I’ll have to have a local shop fab the pipes from the shorty to the H-Pipe to include a O2 bung. OR, just get a custom system made locally. I haven’t received any response from the two local shops to build a custom set, so I don’t know what I’m talking about yet. What to do . . .