Classic Air Install + OEM Heater / AC parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loche451

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 Q-Code
I had my shop install the Classic Air system for the Mustang. Very happy with results. It is a complete system re-install and the heat and Air Conditioning are digitally controlled and VERY HOT and VERY COLD respectively. A/C reads 25 degrees at the vent. Went with the retro styled ac control and only minor gripe is that the backlit light is a different shade than the rest of the night time interior lights.

Also, as a result of the install, I have a Box of Heater/AC OEM parts- not the compressor or condenser but everything else under the hood and behind the dash ...if anyone needs anything, happy to part with for a very low price.

Awesome! ::thumb::

I also have a CAA 'Perfect Fit' system, but have the old-style slider control adapters - which still need calibration (since I really haven't 'needed' the HVAC in my car for the little bit I do wind up driving it).

Did you go with the newer HVAC controls, or are you using factory slider controls with the adapters (like mine)?

Awesome! ::thumb::

I also have a CAA 'Perfect Fit' system, but have the old-style slider control adapters - which still need calibration (since I really haven't 'needed' the HVAC in my car for the little bit I do wind up driving it).

Did you go with the newer HVAC controls, or are you using factory slider controls with the adapters (like mine)?
Hi- we went with the Classic Air Factory-Like slide controls. Basically it is new slides and a different face, but designed to closely mimic the original OEM sliders.

One thing I have noticed is that after I make an adjustment, there is a 2-3 second pause and I can hear the internals adjusting. No big deal, but not as responsive as what I am used to...both heat and air seem to take a notable amount of time to adjust. I catch myself making and adjustment...and then 30 seconds later I have to adjust again because it wasnt enough. VERY HOT, VERY COLD...harder to find the perfect balance.

At 25 deg. it's going to freeze the evap. and block air flow in humid weather.

At 25 deg. it's going to freeze the evap. and block air flow in humid weather.
I figured I should call it in and ask tech support after your observation Red351

Tech says it is a digitally controlled freeze out thermostat that measures the temperature of the coils directly and shuts off power to the compressor if the coils reach 32 degrees. If it does start not cooling properly...it is because the thermostat is bad and the coils are freezing as you suggested, but he went on the further explain that it does get really cold at first and then backs off.

Back