Classic car insurance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haggerty here. No issues so far (knock on wood). Only restriction is I can't use it as a daily driver and it has to be in a locked garage. Fair enough for my use.

We have 2 cars on Haggerty. They had to do a payout on my wife's 66 twice. Once for hitting a row of mailboxes in the rain and once for the hood flying up. They have been an absolute dream to work. Great company.

I have heard a lot of good things about Hagarty, I was denied by all of the classic car Ins companys because of the lack of a Locked garage, and I use the car daily during the summer months.

I'd thought about going with them, but since I'll be driving it all the time, I imagine I wouldn't qualify - locked garage and all.

Oh well.

Guys,

Nothing but good things to say about Hagerty. I have had two claims with my Model A and they were excellent through it all.

I recently insured my 73 mach 1 without any issues at a reasonable price.

Thanks, Jay

I have recently added additional covrage thought my regular insurance co, like all Glass covrage, and no fault damage covrage, I just had to have Pictures of every angle of the car taken and submitted to them, and it was $15 extra every 6 months.

I work in insurance (sorry to say for 11 years). I have both my 66 and 71 with Hagerty. Hagerty is actually just an agent for the actual insurance company that really insures you. But I've had no complaints. Had a rock taken out the windshield in the 66. Reported it online, no questions asked sent a check for the total.

I have a problem getting any classic coverage, im to young! You have to be 26 from what i understand

I have a problem getting any classic coverage, im to young! You have to be 26 from what i understand

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here insure their stang as a classic car?

If so, who are you using?
I use American Collector based out of Cherry Hill Nj. http://www.americancollectors.com/

They paid to replace my windshield after I messed it up.

It happened when I leaned a holagen lamp a little too close to the glass while working on my dash.

Bubbled up the glue between the glass and couldn't see through it any more.

Told them the truth and they sent me a check!

I would recommend them and they have lower rates!

Does anyone here insure their stang as a classic car?

If so, who are you using?
I use American Collector based out of Cherry Hill Nj. http://www.americancollectors.com/

They paid to replace my windshield after I messed it up.

It happened when I leaned a holagen lamp a little too close to the glass while working on my dash.

Bubbled up the glue between the glass and couldn't see through it any more.

Told them the truth and they sent me a check!

I would recommend them and they have lower rates!
Unfort, they're not accepting new applications from NJ at this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's weird, I just went to their site now and yes they are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just got a quote from them for $382....Plus they put down 7500 miles when I typed in and checked 4000 miles.

I'll call them tomorrow to see why they're so high compared to others at around $225.

It's time for me to start (maybe even a little late) securing insurance. I also got a quote from Hagerty as they seem to be the perfect agent for those of us who plan to drive occasionally outside of the shows and parades. As long as I don't drive it to work often it acceptable. I'm trying to decide how to put a value on my car. I'm thinking it makes sense to put a little higher value on it and pay a few extra dollars. If, god forbid, I did get it stolen or totaled I will be able to easily (I say that loosely) get back to where I am today.

I also am noticing that you can get their "High-octane" towing plan that covers all of your vehicles for an additional $95/year that covers 125 miles towing and first $100 roadside assistance for all of my vehicles. Since I am paying for this on my other policies I can drop them and come out ahead there.

Does all this make sense? Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

I live in NJ. Since my last post i was able to get "Historic" plates, which is great because no more inspections. But since it is my only car i cannot get agreed value insurance, which is criminal since i work in NYC and only drive 2k miles a year. But Geico insures the car for liability for around $900 bucks a year with big coverage...like $350k limits and only $500 deductble. Best i have been able to find for an urban vehicle.

I also use Hagerty and if had no issues with them and they where half the price that AAA was charging me to insure the car.

John J

Back