Classic car insurance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my car with American Collectors, this is the second car I've had with this company.

http://www.americancollectors.com/

I have an agreed value of $20.5K and a 2500 mileage limit, I pay $206 for a year with their platinum towing package. They have never asked how many miles are on the car...

I've used the towing once, they have always treated me very well.

In process of getting insurance from JC Taylor through my insurance agent. Working on agreed value policy. So far they have required me to get a appraisal which cost me $275.

Stil waiting on final cost and policy. Not sure if I would have had to do all this with Hagarity. Probably will check with them the next time.

I'm going through a local insurance agent, an agreed value of $20,000. And 3k miles per year with roll over ( unused miles go towards the following year) was only $188, I have to wait till Tuesday to start the coverage, I can't remember who the actual insurance company was that was carrying the police.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I use American Collector based out of Cherry Hill Nj. http://www.americancollectors.com/

They paid to replace my windshield after I messed it up.

It happened when I leaned a holagen lamp a little too close to the glass while working on my dash.

Bubbled up the glue between the glass and couldn't see through it any more.

Told them the truth and they sent me a check!

I would recommend them and they have lower rates!

I have my car with American Collectors, this is the second car I've had with this company.

http://www.americancollectors.com/

I have an agreed value of $20.5K and a 2500 mileage limit, I pay $206 for a year with their platinum towing package. They have never asked how many miles are on the car...

I've used the towing once, they have always treated me very well.
I also use American Collectors. I have a 7500 mile limit and can drive it where ever I want, even to work which I've done a few times. I've heard good things about Hagerty but decided to go with American Collectors liberal mileage and lower premium. Luckily I haven't had a claim.

Interesting...I ran the online calculator for Haverty and the price does not change for 2,500 miles/yr. versus 7,500 miles/yr. It does seem to be a little pricey but they appear to be second to none in customer service and most importantly when it comes to handling a claim. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger...

John

In process of getting insurance from JC Taylor through my insurance agent. Working on agreed value policy. So far they have required me to get a appraisal which cost me $275.

Stil waiting on final cost and policy. Not sure if I would have had to do all this with Hagarity. Probably will check with them the next time.
I recently changed to agreed value with J C Taylor and they asked me to get an appraisal as well. I told them that I did not want to and told them that I would go with Grundy or Hagerty and they said they would insure it without an appraisal.

I use State Farm. Same company as my daily's. $10k agreed value runs about $120 yr. $20k coverage runs $225 yr, $40k coverage runs $340yr. Never had a claim on mine. But, I have repaired a club members car that also had State Farm. Repair cost @ 3,500. They were very easy to deal with. He had $26k agreed value.

I use State Farm. Same company as my daily's. $10k agreed value runs about $120 yr. $20k coverage runs $225 yr, $40k coverage runs $340yr. Never had a claim on mine. But, I have repaired a club members car that also had State Farm. Repair cost @ 3,500. They were very easy to deal with. He had $26k agreed value.
I've been a State Farm customer for 30 years on both vehicle and home insurance and they reviewed my Haverty quote and thought it was great and I should go with them. The $0 deductible is big in my opinion.

They actually did a complete review of my policy quotation and help me make sure I asked all the right questions and are supportive of it. I found it refreshing. They are going to start recommending it to clients that are in the right situation. That is why I pay a little bit more at State Farm but overall they are first class, at least my agent...

Just as an update. I use New Jersey Manufacturers for my home and other cars. They wanted me to get an appraisel in order to get classic car insurance and that would go for $350. So like I said, Grundy did the agreed upon value with no appraisel.

This was a no brainer.

I recently changed to agreed value with J C Taylor and they asked me to get an appraisal as well. I told them that I did not want to and told them that I would go with Grundy or Hagerty and they said they would insure it without an appraisal.

I think their agreeing without appraisal might have to do with value. My car was professionally restored (I am not skilled like most of you guys are) and I did not want to take a chance on under insuring it. I know bad things can happen that are beyond our control.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think their agreeing without appraisal might have to do with value. My car was professionally restored (I am not skilled like most of you guys are) and I did not want to take a chance on under insuring it. I know bad things can happen that are beyond our control.
They agreed to insure it for $45,000.

I have my '71 registered as a standard vehicle and had some concerns about that when I went to get insurance through Hagerty. They were really helpful in explaining the limitations of their policy. I'm very happy with the price and the available roadside assistance service (which includes flatbed towing etc. and is a very cheap add-on). The fact is, you won't get coverage for anything like the value of your car if you're not using an agreed value policy such as you get from Hagerty or another classic car insurer. I have all of my other insurance through State Farm, but their classic insurance was much, much more limiting and less attractive.

I have my '71 registered as a standard vehicle and had some concerns about that when I went to get insurance through Hagerty. They were really helpful in explaining the limitations of their policy. I'm very happy with the price and the available roadside assistance service (which includes flatbed towing etc. and is a very cheap add-on). The fact is, you won't get coverage for anything like the value of your car if you're not using an agreed value policy such as you get from Hagerty or another classic car insurer. I have all of my other insurance through State Farm, but their classic insurance was much, much more limiting and less attractive.
Totally agree and Hagerty also allows pleasure driving so unless you want to drive it to work daily it's a great way to go.

Totally agree and Hagerty also allows pleasure driving so unless you want to drive it to work daily it's a great way to go.
And they were very responsive when I asked them whether 2-3 times a week (weather permitting) was "daily" (answer: nope). I like the fact that you can give them an expected annual mileage and an agreed value of the car and they'll write a policy for you. No nonsense and excellent customer service. My brother-in-law recommended them to me (he uses them to insure his '72 Nova SS). I owe Josh for that.

I recently got collector car insurance and my agent said, the policy I have is agreed value, and I can use the car 7 days a week as pleasure driving, or to a cruise night.

As long as I dont go grocery shopping and the car gets stolen or damaged. Then its on me to repair my car.

sent deom my Samsung SIII via TapTalk

They agreed to insure it for $45,000.
Great. You must have dealt with them directly. My regular insurance agent dealt with JC Taylor for me. My mistake. Seems they treated you better than me. I won't forget that. Probably dump them when policy comes up for renewal.

Back