Clear vs green glass- why two?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little clarification on the Marti reports. These reports are not a copy of the dealer order. During this timeframe, dealer orders were still done on paper and mailed to Ford. That's where "Checking those right boxes off" on the option choices came from. This was when "Rapid Spec" and online ordering was still years away in Detroit.

The Eminger report is a copy of the invoice for the ordered vehicle. The name "Eminger Reports" was given to these invoices by Marti as a tribute to her. Lois worked for Ford Motor Company, in the accounting dept. After the end of each production year, all the documents pertaining to that year were disposed of after Ford, the IRS, and anyone else that was somebody was through with them. Starting in 1967, with Ford's permission, she saved each production year's invoices and stored them for herself. Thank goodness she was an enthusiast and knew there would be an interest in this type of info. Unfortunately, invoices prior to the the1967 model year weren't rescued.
The story goes that the logistics of trying to manage this mountain of paperwork started to overwhelm her. Marti realized that this type of info would make a great addition to his product line, and as they say, the rest is history.
The Eminger report/Ford invoice is an original Ford document. The Eminger report is one of the copies of the actual invoice that was sent along with the car when delivered by Motor Convoy to the dealer. It contained retail/dealer costs of the base price and production installed options and enabled dealers to add the vehicle to their accounting and inventory systems. It's almost a mirror image of the window sticker. If it isn't on the invoice, it didn't leave the assembly plant with it.

The Marti report is an interpretation of Martis staff from the invoice info they have. As Hemikiller stated, the "Feature" section is where items other than standard equipment are typically listed. As Hemikiller also noted, they tend to list the tires in that section. My F60 X 15" equipped Mach 1 report correctly has those tires listed in the feature section as an option. My other Mach 1 was equipped with the standard E70 X14" tires but was still listed in the featured section. I have seen where Marti has fluffed the feature section on a Boss 351 by listing the traction Lok differential, F60 X 15" tires, power disc brakes, and the 4-speed, although they were all standard items on Boss.

And finally, last but not least, here is some more info on the original tinted/clear glass question. The tinted glass being standalone but recommended for AC option continued through the eighties. I checked the paperwork on my '85 GT I ordered new, and the tinted glass was a recommended option and was not included with AC. You got standard tinted glass if you "ponied" up the extra bucks for a Lincoln or Turbo Coupe T-Bird. If not, check off one more box on that order form!! :)

Back