Colorized Mustang Wiring and Vacuum Diagrams

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbracken

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Cobra Jet
Hi all

I've bought the wiring diagrams that are advertised here http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Colorized-Mustang-Wiring-Diagrams-CD-ROM-/370640126131?hash=item564bdf80b3:m:m5LHUiHj-lL9k7oGJTslzQQ&vxp=mtr

but having installed the DVD and completed the necessary code log in I still cannot open the files.

It's probably operator error on my part. I have a newish PC and am using Windows 10

Any tips would be much appreciated.

I'll try and contact the publishers if not easy solution is found here

Thanks

The DRM (digital rights management) that Fortel uses for protection is somewhat difficult. I have had to contact them several times to get upgrades or patches, especially after software upgrades.

You might try opening it in compatibility mode, if that doesn't work I would contact them. They have always been fairly responsive.

Windows 10 also removed a lot of the codecs needed to read DVD's, you may need to purchase the correct one or if you have a Win 7 system try it there. This is one of the reasons that I didn't upgrade my main Win 7 system. It could also be the DRM protection that is being used that has been mentioned.

I bought one to and had the same problem. I bought mine through Amazon and I contacted the company through them and was sent a link to an UN encrypted version. I loaded it onto my hard drive and it works fine.

I bought one to and had the same problem. I bought mine through Amazon and I contacted the company through them and was sent a link to an UN encrypted version. I loaded it onto my hard drive and it works fine.
I contacted the publisher today and within the day received the following helpful reply which fixed my problem:

Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 19:24:21 +0000

To: [email protected]

Subject: Re: 1972 Colorized Mustang Wiring & Vacuum Diagrams

Nigel,

First, thank you for purchasing one of our products and I am sorry for any trouble you are having. As the publisher, we work very hard to produce top quality products so any reported problem we take very seriously.

I believe the problem may be with the version of License Manager you are using. What version of License Manager do you have? To check, open License Manager and then click on the "About" button. If you have anything older than v12.8.4 for Windows or v12.8.5 for MAC, then you should update it. To update, do the following:

a) Close License Manager (if it is open)

b) Close Adobe Reader (if it is open)

c) Uninstall your current version of License Manager

- To uninstall go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>PDF OwnerGuard Users Edition

- Highlight PDF OwnerGuard User Edition - Select Uninstall

d) Install the most current version of License Manager from our website at:

http://www.forelpublishing.com/estore/scripts/openExtra.asp?extra=16

e) Once on the download page, click "Download Now" and then click "Run".

f) Follow the prompts to install License Manager.

Please let me know if this corrects the problem. We stand behind our products, so we will get this working for you.

David LeBlanc

Owner

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it can be transferred from the disk because it's very encrypted. That seems to be the cause of all the problems we're all having. Now I'm no computer geek but that was what I was told from one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back