Common Sense 351C break in steps

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/royal-purple-break-in-oil/+

"Protect your new engine with Royal Purple Break-in Oil, a full synthetic oil"
There is no such thing as a synthetic break in oil, this means that Royal Purple Break in oil is NOT synthetic . This is a FACT not an opinion.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Protect+your+new+engine+with+Royal+Purple+Break-in+Oil%2C+a+full+synthetic+oil+formulated&rlz=1C1CHJX_enUS631US632&oq=Protect+your+new+engine+with+Royal+Purple+Break-in+Oil%2C+a+full+synthetic+oil+formulated&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

:chin:

Paul of MO

"www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/royal-purple-break-in-oil/+

"Protect your new engine with Royal Purple Break-in Oil, a full synthetic oil"
There is no such thing as a synthetic break in oil, this means that Royal Purple Break in oil is NOT synthetic . This is a FACT not an opinion.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Protect+your+new+engine+with+Royal+Purple+Break-in+Oil%2C+a+full+synthetic+oil+formulated&rlz=1C1CHJX_enUS631US632&oq=Protect+your+new+engine+with+Royal+Purple+Break-in+Oil%2C+a+full+synthetic+oil+formulated&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

:chin:

Paul of MO
You can "GOOGLE" all you want and it will still not magically change Royal Purple Break in oil into a synthetic like Jesus purportedly changed water into wine . It simply ain't gonna happen....ever . Some people choose to learn things and some people choose not to ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
You can "GOOGLE" all you want and it will still not magically change Royal Purple Break in oil into a synthetic like Jesus purportedly changed water into wine . It simply ain't gonna happen....ever . Some people choose to learn things and some people choose not to ::thumb::
Really?

Some people choose not to learn to be nice.

Although the first google search thread turns up "Break-in Oil | Full Synthetic Motor Oil & Protection for New ..." you still gotta try and rub peoples noses in the fact that they got tripped up on some wording.

Really?

Although the first google search thread turns up "Break-in Oil | Full Synthetic Motor Oil & Protection for New ..." you still gotta try and rub peoples noses in the fact that they got tripped up on some wording.
Oh - its not fully synthetic? My bad.....rofl

Paul of MO

Really?

Yup, and that would be Paul of MO whom apparently unbeknownst to you has frequently made unwarranted abrasive comments to myself and others.

This is a valid post for once from this man.

Now I will randomly link something from the internet:

Decided to delete the link - it was mean: PM me if you want to see it! It would have been really funny to leave it up.

Really?

Yup, and that would be Paul of MO whom apparently unbeknownst to you has frequently made unwarranted abrasive comments to myself and others.

Now I will randomly link something from the internet:

Decided to delete the link - it was mean: PM me if you want to see it! It would have been really funny to leave it up.
Sounds like I was trying to be nice - want to see the link? It really isn't all that funny - sad actually

- Paul of MO

Woah! I am running Royal purple in my stang with comp cams break in additive. I did this after a thousand or so miles using conventional oil with the break in additive for piece of mind. The engine definitely feels more free revving with the royal purple in it, good or bad.

Woah! I am running Royal purple in my stang with comp cams break in additive. I did this after a thousand or so miles using conventional oil with the break in additive for piece of mind. The engine definitely feels more free revving with the royal purple in it, good or bad.
I liked what I read about Royal Purple. I never used a dedicated break in oil but back in the day we did not have to. I really liked what I read about Lucas break in 30 weight. (probably all made in the same plant in Korea or something)

If you are at 1000 miles then you are good to go! You probably no longer need any additive - with synthetic it might keep your rings from fully seating.

Your engine specifications look spot on for a stout street car.

- Paul of MO

Come on guys, don't turn this into a Kit & RPM deal. We don't need that drama again!
100% agreed. Let's keep it under control, guys.

From the Royal Purple website regarding their break-in oil:

http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/royal-purple-break-in-oil/

Engine builders have grown increasingly concerned that many modern motor oils do not provide adequate wear protection for new engines, particularly those using flat-tappet cams. Royal Purple has addressed this issue by developing a new engine break-in oil that promotes a gentle start-up and gives you superior protection from rough-running engine problems.

Royal Purple combines highly refined mineral oil, preferred for engine break-in, with advanced additives containing high levels of zinc and phosphorus to optimize protection in flat-tappet and roller engines.

Royal Purple Break-in Oil is formulated to allow optimal ring seal and protect rotating assembly components such as the camshaft and valve train from initial start-up wear. Its high film strength provides engine protection superior to full synthetic oils that are not engineered specifically for new engines. Perfect for your new factory-ordered vehicle and engine rebuilds, Royal Purple Break-In Oil is fully formulated and does not require the use of any other chemical additives. After the engine is broken in, we recommend using the right Royal Purple high performance synthetic engine oil for your vehicle.

OK - it's a blend of conventional oils with synthetic additives. Technically, it's "both" conventional and synthetic... otherwise known as a 'blend.'

So, everybody is technically 'right.' Let's move on. ::thumb::

I liked what I read about Royal Purple. I never used a dedicated break in oil but back in the day we did not have to. I really liked what I read about Lucas break in 30 weight. (probably all made in the same plant in Korea or something)

If you are at 1000 miles then you are good to go! You probably no longer need any additive - with synthetic it might keep your rings from fully seating.

- Paul of MO

Thanks Paul, it is a great cruiser that sounds pretty good.

- Paul of MO

Thanks Paul, it is a great cruiser that sounds pretty good.
its not a good idea to add additional zddp or zddb to your oil . its besst just to use it as it comes but use one that has between 1150 and 1400 ppm of zddp or zddb. .m yeah break in oil was not even available in the old days as far as i know . everyone i knew just used regular oil because it all hadd a lot of zddp . the oil mfgs had to reduce the zddp levels if they wanted to meet the ne api ratings and they never made the public aware so there was a period where lots of flat tappet cams were failing until people figured it out.

Come on guys, don't turn this into a Kit & RPM deal. We don't need that drama again!
100% agreed. Let's keep it under control, guys.

From the Royal Purple website regarding their break-in oil:

http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/royal-purple-break-in-oil/

Engine builders have grown increasingly concerned that many modern motor oils do not provide adequate wear protection for new engines, particularly those using flat-tappet cams. Royal Purple has addressed this issue by developing a new engine break-in oil that promotes a gentle start-up and gives you superior protection from rough-running engine problems.

Royal Purple combines highly refined mineral oil, preferred for engine break-in, with advanced additives containing high levels of zinc and phosphorus to optimize protection in flat-tappet and roller engines.

Royal Purple Break-in Oil is formulated to allow optimal ring seal and protect rotating assembly components such as the camshaft and valve train from initial start-up wear. Its high film strength provides engine protection superior to full synthetic oils that are not engineered specifically for new engines. Perfect for your new factory-ordered vehicle and engine rebuilds, Royal Purple Break-In Oil is fully formulated and does not require the use of any other chemical additives. After the engine is broken in, we recommend using the right Royal Purple high performance synthetic engine oil for your vehicle.

OK - it's a blend of conventional oils with synthetic additives. Technically, it's "both" conventional and synthetic... otherwise known as a 'blend.'

So, everybody is technically 'right.' Let's move on. ::thumb::
hey hope things are well on your end . actually there is no synthetic oil in royal purple at all . the confusion comes because they put the word synthetic on the bottle which is actually part of their full name but even i thought their full name was royal purple until i found this out .

That's why I highlighted "additives," they can, and tend to be, synthetic in nature.

Synthetic Oil in reality and on the large scale, is still conventional oil that's been chemically altered. Some synthetic lubricants are synthesized by other materials, but given the volume of manufactured product by big-name oil companies (Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobile 1, Royal Purple, Amsoil, et al), I would wager heavily that synthesized motor oils are produced using conventional oil as the base.

I think it's safe to say that ALL motor oils have changed drastically over the years since our cars were new - the refining processes have greatly improved, as well as the chemical processes and make-ups of the modern motor oils are vastly superior to what was available in the cans back in the day. Even what's considered to be 'conventional oil' these days, would probably fall into the 'witchcraft and wizardry' category known 40 years ago as 'synthetic oil.' ;)

Is the dead horse sufficiently tenderized, yet? :whistling:

- Paul of MO
paul royal purple is good oil . joe sherman uses it a lot but he builds racing engines that he doesnt expect to run forever . he has found that he can get up to a whopping 36 hp using royal purple but that is on a big horsepower engine . royal purples claim to fame is theiir synerlec . they also use this in their grease which was chhosen fr use in the wheel bearings of a super train after they tested many brands . if you have an oil fetish like i do you should google pao or mpao oil if you arent already familiar with them . as of a few years ago joe gibbs was the only company using mpao oil and they use the same oil they sell but its a bit pricey and not designed for street use . also look up pennrite oil . they have one line that is pao with some ester and around 1600 ppm of zddb .m its an aussie oil but they now sell it in the us . . amsoil uses pao and mobil one used to but may have switched to group 3 oils in some of thheir lines . . red line is all ester.

heres some more oil trivia . there is no such thing as 100 percent synthetic because the additives they use are premixed with conventional oil . m. ggr most if not all group 4 and 5 oils are basically shear free mainly because they dont use viscosity index improvers . pao oil has a bas vi ot around 160 and mpao is around a staggering 200.

Latest posts

Back