Completed my other project, finally

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
I’ve had this chainsaw since 1985. It sat for too many years, but it was always a great saw. So, I took it down to a box of pieces, and now, I think, 3 years later, it’s back together. Funny, it started within the first 5 pulls. It will be years before my 73 is “done”, but this feels good to bring her back to her glory.

image.jpgimage.jpg

What other cool things have you been working on?

Last edited:
It's important to have these little victories along the way to keep the morale up and stay in the game. After I got mine cut in half, and was grinding, beating, and banging on the parts needed to put the [new] front clip back on, I got frustrated and knocked out my dash board (it had rust holes and other issues). After seeming stagnant on the front clip for so long, and with the rest of a massive project staring me down, I needed to get 'SOMETHING' done, and I felt a LOT better afterward. When you slow down in the middle of something big, maybe taking a detour to knock out a smaller project is needed to reinvigorate a guy.

The saw looks awesome! Congrats on getting it back to good!

I’ve had this chainsaw since 1985. It sat for too many years, but it was always a great saw. So, I took it down to a box of pieces, and now, I think, 3 years later, it’s back together. Funny, it started within the first 5 pulls. It will be years before my 73 is “done”, but this feels good to bring her back to her glory.

View attachment 71816View attachment 71817

What other cool things have you been working on?
Shoot...if you can get an old chain saw to work your Mustang is a piece of cake!

I helped my son and daughter in law by installing backsplash tile in their kitchen and then upgraded our under cabinet lighting to LED. My wife was shocked that I finally got her lighting upgraded. Overall a good weekend, although I had to go back yesterday to set the grout, so a little more than a weekend. Still it feels good to get something completed, considering my Mustang is a long away from completion.

Latest posts

Back