Connectors near solenoid in 73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The molded connector with only one wire is your alternator input line for energizing the voltage regulator/alternator. The squarish plastic pin is a feed from the alternator's STATOR terminal, and is attached to the engine gauge feed harness. I believe it is used for automatic chokes.

The molded connector with only one wire is your alternator input line for energizing the voltage regulator/alternator. The squarish plastic pin is a feed from the alternator's STATOR terminal, and is attached to the engine gauge feed harness. I believe it is used for automatic chokes.
Thanks!

yes, the spare connector with the White wire with Black stripe is Circuit #4, where one end of the circuit is connected to the Alternator stator circuit. I will provide access to a relevant schematic snippet in this thread shortly.

Last edited:
I have prepared a 1973 Mustang Schematic snippet that ought to be able to help you out. It covers alternator related circuitry, as well as Circuit #640 (Throttle Position Solenoid). Don't let the Circuit #640 related info throw you off. This file had been prepared for someone else with issues with both Circuit #640 and Circuit #4 some time ago.

Unfortunately the file is too large to attach directly to this post, but you can download it from my Google Doc at the following link (pop-out button on the top right of the image below):

Last edited:
Back