control arms, etc..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1967,68, and 69 Cougar,
and of course the 71 I am trying to sell!

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/woodsnake4462838/
I am going to be back in Colorado, and I will have a day or so to spend on my 71 fast back.

The car took a big hit to the cross member, before I got it. I replaced the cross member, but now the car needs some front end work. I haven't had time to worry about the front end, as I have been concerned with finding a new job, after getting myself and my properties relocated..

I'm not sure what all I will need to fix the front end, or if I may be able to adjust it out, with out having to replace everything....

Should I just buy new suspension parts?

All my projects 089.jpg

All my projects 086.jpg

All my projects 085.jpg

woodsnake,

Man, I wonder what it felt inside when the section took the hit? Plus, the oil pan had to be damaged too? Do you know if the frame is when in factory specs before or during the replacement process?

As for the front end suspension parts replacement, It might not hurt. The pictures look like they show older or original parts. There is a lot of information here that you can look up that can help you in deciding how to proceed. Also, depends on your budget too! Please provide more pictures and keep us posted on your progress.

mustang7173

I will only have a few days in Co., to work on my projects. The real priority on this trip, is to finish building, start, and break in the engine in my 69 Cougar. However, when I towed the mustang to Colorado from Idaho, the car suffered some nice body damage when the LR tire got blowed up. I will need to get that car in for some body work estimate, in order to collect on the trip insurance that I purchased before I left Idaho.

Good question about the frame, the body shop that did the work didn't make any mention of it, that I recall. That has already been two years ago??

When I bought the car, the intention was to get a motor and transmission in it, and sell it to a father/son team who would really love it.

I keep getting deeper and deeper into it, and fear I won't be able to recoup my parts cost, let alone "make" anything. Before and after, on my 69 351W.

Fresh .030/.010 over and under, retro fit roller cam, with Trick Flow heads.

3.89 rear gear..I can't wait to hear it run again!!

All my projects 1634.jpg

All my projects 1150.jpg

All my projects 1679.jpg

Finally some news worth reporting! I have finally been able to get a transfer back to Colorado!!!!! I am now living in Denver, and have been back to look at where I left off with my fleet of projects.

Are there any members in the greater Denver metro area that may have parts for sale?

I am greatly looking forward to getting the car road worthy!

I have had far too long of a break in the repairs, and now I have to remember where I was at with the Mustang, the 67 Cougar, and my 69 Cougar as well....

Nice engine, it should run real nice with 3.89 rear gears. Did you have make any serious changes to the shortblock to install the trickflow heads? Thanks.

Other than drilling holes for steam, I didn't make any changes to the block for the heads.

HOWEVER, since you asked, I don't know if I would recommend Trick Flow to anybody. Here is why.

I bought my heads while I was on deployment over seas, and then sat on them for a few years, until I was ready to build the motor.

From the factory, the heads had a bad valve in them, and even though they were still brand new, in the bags in the box, no warranty was offered to me.

Also, when you are using trick flow heads, they require a few more considerations than other, in line heads. Had I known then, what I know now, I would have gotten the next step up, and given myself better options.

Or just stuck with an Edelbrock head.

I see a lot of projects coming together this year for me!

Back