Convertible Cylinder Parts missing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Here are 2 pics of my 1972 Convertible cylinder area. 1st one is cylinder on passenger side, second is drivers side (I have the cylinder, just nothing to attach it to). I am missing the innermost bracket (would you call this a drop-down bracket?) and all the hardware for the drivers side, as you can see. Anyone knows where I can get the bracket and hardware????

Mustang CVT Parts.jpg

Mustang CVY parts 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
None of it is reproduced and your going to have a heck of a time trying to find someone selling just parts of the top frame. I've only found sellers wanting to sell the complete top frame. There is one complete top frame currently on ebay for $400 plus $150 shipping which i find to be a little high. Be patient and keep checking ebay and craigslist and you can get a decent deal. You can get the clevis pins and washers from several suppliers. You might also contact Mustangs Unlimited, Ohio Mustang, and Mustangs Plus and see if they possibly have any convertibles being parted out.

None of it is reproduced and your going to have a heck of a time trying to find someone selling just parts of the top frame. I've only found sellers wanting to sell the complete top frame. There is one complete top frame currently on ebay for $400 plus $150 shipping which i find to be a little high. Be patient and keep checking ebay and craigslist and you can get a decent deal. You can get the clevis pins and washers from several suppliers. You might also contact Mustangs Unlimited, Ohio Mustang, and Mustangs Plus and see if they possibly have any convertibles being parted out.
Thank you for the info. Before I took the car over, The Stang was parked at my sisters house, in her driveway. I think someone needed the part and ripped it off. My sister left the top down for 3 years, it got rained and hailed on in Dallas!!! Now repairing years of neglect, getting there slowly...

I have 4 complete top assemblies

I may disassemble one if enought guys need pieces-parts

I have one guy needing latch / handle assemblies

Anybody else looking for top frame parts ?

thetwo cylinders????

thetwo cylinders????
Please see my pictures and post on "convertible parts missing. I need the "drop down" bracket and nuts and bolts etc...for the driver's side cylinder. I don't know what that part would be called. Brian

Please see my pictures and post on "convertible parts missing. I need the "drop down" bracket and nuts and bolts etc...for the driver's side cylinder. I don't know what that part would be called. Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back