coreysvt's build thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreysvt

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
03 Cobra
After letting my 71 sit in a semi drivable state for almost 3 years, I decided to get serious and strip it down for resto-modification.

image.jpeg

Welcome buddy. What are your plans for the build? Suspension, engine choice...SVT ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=40187][attachment=40187]p[attachment=40187][attachment=40187][attachment=40187]

Welcome buddy. What are your plans for the build? Suspension, engine choice...SVT ?
Gonna do a street/strip build, probably going big block for the engine. 4 speed, leaf springs in the back with coil overs in the front. Try to keep it factory appearing as far as body mods. Not looking for serious competition, just something to play around with.

I got the svt in my username because I have a 03 cobra, and coreysvt is what I use on any forum I'm on. instagram too.

More pics coming as soon as I can figure out my phone/computer situation

here are some pics of the floors, trunk and front end. if you look closely the rear passenger floor patch is riveted in. the seat riser are pretty rough. Has typical cowl rot. the battery tray is rusted out, but has another rivet repair job.

IMG_1686.JPGIMG_1688.JPGIMG_1687.JPGIMG_1689.JPG

Oh boy. Let the games begin. It's like these cars win the lottery when the end up in the lap of someone who loves them enough to trade time and money for their salvation. Hope it goes smooth for you and you enjoy the process every step of the way. The journey to the end of this build stirs up as much emotion as the completion of it. Lets just hope it's the same kind of emotion lol.

Bin there, done that, didn't handle it with grace.

Thanks guys. I think I'm through with most of the preliminary cussing since I think I've found all the poor repair work and can start from a clean slate.

sand blasting some parts today and thought this was pretty cool. got to see the different layers of paint, the original red, the flat black for the hood, the crappy burgundy respray, and the bare metalIMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

going through some of my parts and I noticed one side of my dash trim is metal, while the other side is plastic. I'm talking about the piece that covers the side of the dash beside the doors. Is anyone else's like this? or is this an early/ late production thing?

yeah the side covers for the dash, one side is plastic the other is metal that is correct.

if i remember the drivers side is plastic and the passenger is metal.

yeah the side covers for the dash, one side is plastic the other is metal that is correct.

if i remember the drivers side is plastic and the passenger is metal.
yeah that's it. thanks. I wonder why ford did that?

I have been working on my heater box. Its a non AC car. I want to fully disassemble the box, how do you guys recommend taking it apart? I've searched and all I could find is stuff for AC boxes.

Found some more bad body work under a 1/4" of bondo. the joint was filled in between the quarter and rocker, and a line was drawn in the bondo to simulate the joint.:chin: and some people call themselves body men.

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

Back